older Hemi 354 question block casting number

Help with decoding your Hemi engine.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

chopped and channeled

older Hemi 354 question block casting number

Post by chopped and channeled »

Hi this is agreat group, I am new and really appreciate the info....I bought an engine only numbers on the side of the lifter valley 1619829-8 and the other side has 512-8 in the lifter valley is cast a large W the front up top area is milled flat without a number the crank shaft has no numbers except it is stamped atlas corp 1163L cast into a weight is a large B and another counter weight has df3 cast into it ... the nose of the crank has a slight step and the flywheel end has threaded holes any info would really help....Thanx Scott :lol:
TrWaters

block numbers

Post by TrWaters »

The 1619829 block was machined in two different formats on the front face. One for car usage, the other for truck use. The block machined for cars would use a stamped steel front cover, while the truck blocks used a cast steel cover. The water outlet holes on the truck are approx 7"apart on center, while the car block water outlets are approx 9" apart on center.
Now, with that said, I have also seen the car type blocks used in later industrial applications, which would explain why the crank hub is already threaded.
Early hemi to late sb Mopar trans adapters. Precision billet parts for early hemis.