ebay HEMI

Help with decoding your Hemi engine.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

trigger_andy

ebay HEMI

Post by trigger_andy »

Hey all,
I have found an engine for sale in the United Kindom and have some numbers to decode. I have looks everywhere but cant find nothing. It is a Hemi engine but the owner claims its a Daimler Hemi? Here are the numbers. MO 22964
19 11 L

Any help would be much appriciated.
Andy
Chrycoman

Re: ebay HEMI

Post by Chrycoman »

trigger_andy wrote:Hey all,
I have found an engine for sale in the United Kindom and have some numbers to decode. I have looks everywhere but cant find nothing. It is a Hemi engine but the owner claims its a Daimler Hemi? Here are the numbers. MO 22964
19 11 L

Any help would be much appriciated.
Andy
Those numbers do not look like Mopar (Chrysler) numbers. If it is a Daimler hemi, it is for a British-built Daimler car. The British Daimler was originally a British firm licensed to build Daimler cars in Britain. It soon began building cars of its own design and was taken over by Jaguar in June, 1960.

The Daimler hemi was introduced ikn 1959 in the SP250 sports car and was 2.5-litres in size. The engine was also used in the Daimler 250 sedan which was based on the Jaguar 3.8 body.

The SP250 was dropped at the end of 1964 and the 250 sedan in 1968.

Needless to say this engine has no connection to Chrysler. Jaguar, which is now owned by Ford, dropped the Daimler car three years ago but is now planning on re-introducing the line next year.
Bill
Vancouver, BC