Help with decoding your Hemi engine.
Moderators: TrWaters, 392heminut, scottm
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:07 pm
- Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I dont seem to be able to find a place where this block can be fiured out.
the code VT543 is on the block Any idea what engine this is?
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:56 pm
- Location: kansas
Some kind of dodge truck block?All the vt-500 numbers I found show 315 poly.Who knows??
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:52 pm
- Location: Los Angeles
For reference, my VT-544 is a 315 Hemi originally in a dump truck.
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:35 pm
- Location: Elkridge, Maryland
What you have is a canadian truck 315 c.i. The VT series engines for canada all had odd ending numbers. Your number fall in between the listing for the american version of vt542 and vt544. Hope this is helpful.
41 Chevy with blown 330 Desoto / 32 Ford coupe with blown 392 Chrysler