What is a M3542328?

Help with decoding your Hemi engine.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

scottm

What is a M3542328?

Post by scottm »

Does the number M3542328 exist I can't seem to find it anywhere as far as what was built for Marine? Or Industrial or 300? Can you help me on this one? The pan is flat on the bottom and it has non adj. rockers no holes in the push rods for oil and the crank is steel or cannot find a casting seam and the forward and end throws are rifle drilled like a 318 is by the rod?
I received this message. Does anyone have any ideas?
scottm

Post by scottm »

The casting # I found is behind water pump on flat above the lifter
valley. Hot Heads seems to think it could possibly be a truck engine not Ind.
but I 'm thinking the M-desination is for a marine application with the flat oil
pan and no fire power or anything on the valve covers and no water fillers on
the heads it appears to be a forged crank no casting seams visual sure would
like to know it was a light yellow color and that was an industrial  
color in compressors, but I do remember a truck with a block that same color years
ago?
Here is a little bit more information. Anyone have a clue?
TrWaters

Post by TrWaters »

Here's my .02. First, are you sure its a M that you have? I have owned a couple 354 truck motors which were painted yellow. The no name valve covers also suggest truck. The casting numbers from block and heads would help.
Early hemi to late sb Mopar trans adapters. Precision billet parts for early hemis.
dodavis5

M354 Engine

Post by dodavis5 »

I also have an M354 engine that I have not been able to find any info on. It is yellow and the seller thought that it came out of a 1957 Dodge truck. It has smooth valve covers and POWER GIANT 354 decals. The original intake was gone, but the distributor has a governor cable.

Dave Davis