want to bypass the rev limiter

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

smallblock351

want to bypass the rev limiter

Post by smallblock351 »

any one know how. heard the programmers that are out dont bypass it. my trucks an 04 Rumble Bee.
speed707900

Post by speed707900 »

Ive heard about a new programmer thats not out yet for our 04's but i havnt heard much about it. supposed to be garuntee not to void our warenty eather. I honestely dont even know what brand it is though. Maybe someone else could help us out?

BTW...what do rumble bees list for? Im mad at myself i didnt even look at em when i bought my 04 red hemi. i mean i love it and its full decked out but the rubmle bees sure are nice...

~Preston
04' reg cab red Heminator..

M)ove
O)ver
P)eople
A)re
R)acing
smallblock351

Post by smallblock351 »

you can pick em up for around 36,000 without the leather seats. and i heard Hypertech is supposed to be coming out with the best programmer for our trucks. but dont know when. i want to know when i can get a supercharger for my truck. i need to show these Lightnings what were made of.
'04 Rumble Bee
"Gettin Buzzed!"
rumblebee1638

Post by rumblebee1638 »

Hi all. I have read that a dealer tech can eliminate the top speed limiter by changing the country code of the trucks fom U.S. to germany. I do not know this to be a fact, but when I take my truck in to get the spedo recalibrated for my lower profile pirellis, I am going to ask the tech to try it.
matt e

Post by matt e »

I don't think that removing the speed limiter or setting a code to germany would remove the rev limiter... the superchips programmer for the '03 Hemis raises the rev limiter +500 I believe.
'03 silver Ram 1500 QC Hemi 4x4 Laramie 3.92s
Custom air intake, 3" magnaflow exhaust w/ high flow cat, 0-25K ohm adjustable IAT sensor mod, helix power tower, 195 degree t-stat, Superchips Hemi tuner, BFG A/T 325/60R20s.
Hemidakota

Post by Hemidakota »

Matt, you PEEPHEAD.

Hey, instead of a fake cladded RUMBLE BEE, purchase the QUAD CAB SRT-10 for ten grand more or invoicing it.
Steve
Future Purchase: 2006 Charger SRT-8/2006 MegaCab 6.1 Hemi
"Coming soon 600HP SRT-10 to pull the SRT-4 & SRT-8 Charger to the track!"
usedtobert

Post by usedtobert »

Haha.... that Germany rumor is pretty old. No one I've ever heard of has had any luck with this. I'm sure the tech will be a bit puzzled by this one.
Rampant

Post by Rampant »

The 2004 has a way to bypass the top speed limit, was supposed to bypass tmr as well but does not. When you hit speed limiter, turn the key to the start position, the starter will not engage but most of your indications will disappear and lights will come on in the dash everywhere. You will need a pace vehicle to check the speed. Noone has been able find out what it will go to yet due to lack of indication. When done, just let go of key. Some people have seen greater than 115.
MEANGENE75

Post by MEANGENE75 »

rampant, just to clarify, once your up against the speed limiter turn key to start position. gauges are going to go wacky, youll lose your speedometer but truck will no longer be top speed limited? will you need to hold key in start position the whole time? or just bump it and let go? this is a one trip only bypass i take it......gene
04 hemi, sc, sport, red, 3.92 posi, 22" wheels, flowmaster cat back, mopar long tube headers, srt 10 hood, mopar cod air,cold air duct, hypertech, ground force drop, sirius radio, momo sub, tint, 180 thermostat, silverstar lamps, mopar bed cover.
Rampant

Post by Rampant »

It was supposed to be a tmr disabler but only works on top speed. You can wait till you hit it or on your way to it, then hold the key the whole time. When you get as fast as you are able to go, if you let go of the key the gauges will all come back on and the speed will be over the limiter and coming down quick. Have not had enough space yet to try but others have. I have turned the key and seen what happens with the gauges and know that everything resets quick.
usedtobert

Post by usedtobert »

The turn the Key trick does work, and I've done it many times. It should shutdown your speedometer and other things. However my tach always stayed alive and if you did calculations you could determine your top speed by seeing what RPM you were turning in OD

My Dakota topped out about 145 mph, but this was with a custom Flash and I was pacing my buddies Trans-Am, which would go to around 150 mph.

WARNING: My truck has a 3/5 in drop with 22" wheels and some 295/35/22 Dunlop SP9000's and it still got a little scary at those speeds. I stock height Ram IMO would be dangerous at those speeds.
matt e

Post by matt e »

Hemidakota wrote:Matt, you PEEPHEAD.

Hey, instead of a fake cladded RUMBLE BEE, purchase the QUAD CAB SRT-10 for ten grand more or invoicing it.
Hey, What the F@#K are you talking about "fake cladded rumble bee"?! I have a QC 4X4 that looks nothing like a rumble bee...the SRT-10 would be pretty useless to me because I bought a 4x4 for a reason so why don't you purchase a new brain for ten grand more PEEPHEAD!
'03 silver Ram 1500 QC Hemi 4x4 Laramie 3.92s
Custom air intake, 3" magnaflow exhaust w/ high flow cat, 0-25K ohm adjustable IAT sensor mod, helix power tower, 195 degree t-stat, Superchips Hemi tuner, BFG A/T 325/60R20s.
kinngo000

Want to go 143 mph in a dodge durango?

Post by kinngo000 »

Very simple an easy step just remove the ABS fuse which is situated underneath the the drivers seat it is a 10 amp fuse simply take it out and the only problem is no more traction no more abs and no more speedometer and the engine keeps on going try it. It the cheapest and fastest way to de limit ur hemi 5.7 engine and see how fast it can go
Looking for the highgest hp for the hemi 5.7 engine
firefighter6526

Post by firefighter6526 »

Kinngo, if it does work, why not just tap into the line with a SPDT switch so you can cut it out on the fly then cut it back on when you're done run'n. Give it a try and let us know how it works.
03' Quad Cab 2wd 5.7 HEMI(Bug Luv'n White)
03' Accord EX(Silver Bullet)
96' Protege(My Ecofriendly Beat'r)
1 Hag
2 Rats
SRT10KLLR

Post by SRT10KLLR »

Just get your PCM reflashed by B&G Chrysler and tell them to up or remove the speed and rev limiters along with shift points.
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 RCSB ThunderRoad Hemi Sport w/STS turbo