Dodge Customer Service

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

roadbyte

Dodge Customer Service

Post by roadbyte »

Good Morning Everyone,

I just finished talking to Dodge customer service and I was told that no one else has every reported a problem about the acceleration lag or sluggish in the truck when you roll into the gas pedal to pick up speed say from about 50 to 75 miles per hour.

I would like to know if anyone else has reported this problem to Dodge directly if so please let me know if not please report the issue to Dodge at the following number.

1-800-992-1992

Ask for a case number also this way we can track what Dodge is doing not just on this issue any other issues also. :evil:

Don
2003 QC DRW HO 6SP 3:73 Silver Born on Date 03/07/03
roadbyte

Customer Service

Post by roadbyte »

My truck is 2004 4 dr 2 wd SB Hemi with 5 speed Auto.

When I was told that the truck was operating within the given spec and it was normal it reminded me of Microsoft releasing an application with bugs in it and MS customer service would say it feature not a bug.

I would love to have that customer service rep with me on the highway as I try to accelerate normally move into the passing lane and have the truck bog down and a big old 18 wheeler comes barreling down on me. I just wonder if the guy would say it was still normal operations.
2003 QC DRW HO 6SP 3:73 Silver Born on Date 03/07/03
bigsnakebud

bog

Post by bigsnakebud »

Have you tried to take it out of OD when this happens?? My 03 laramie qc Lb 4x4 does not kick down until I almost floor it then it halls butt but does not want to upshift unless I let off, just a quirk of the 548. If i did not know about the shift it would feel jsut like a bog. This truck has much more 30 to 100 pull than my v10 had. Just mho.
the difference between men and boys is the price of their toys
springer

Post by springer »

Hey Don,
I just found this site the other day, and I just took my truck in to the local dealer yesterday. With the problem that you were talking about, It's a 2004 QC 1500 hemi, with 5,300 miles on it. I got it in May and I have been noticing that it does not run like it did when it was brand new. At first I thought it just might be me, getting used to the the truck. But I talked to the service manager and he told me that it might be the plugs, It does not seem do have the power from 50 when you accelerate until, you get on it and it downshifts. I asked them if there was a firmware update for the shifts points on the trans, and they said there was not. There mechanic drove it and said that it shifts normal. But to me there is something that is not right with it. But just thought I would tell you that you are not the only one with this problem. Maybe they will come out with a update to fix this problem.

Dave, :evil: :evil:
04redhemiQC1500
Ritterkreuz

Post by Ritterkreuz »

I can honestly say I have no such problem with my '04 Ram.
NASCAR Nextel Cup, the Greatest Sport Ever.
2004 Ram 4x4 1500 Quad Cab
5.7L Hemi, Sport Appearance package
TopBanana

Post by TopBanana »

There is a TSB to re-program the transmission that addresses that. TSB# 18-041.04. With my 04, I was CONSTANTLY putting it in tow/haul mode to get it to kick down. After getting the flash, it is MUCH better. Here's a link:

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2004/18-041-04.htm
Agnt42

Post by Agnt42 »

My "04" 1500 QC 4x2 SLT does not display this probelm either...However I only have 4 K miles on it....I am not very happy with the soft shifting between second and third and into overdrive.I have to get that changed...This truck should shift a little stronger IMO. I plan to get to know the service tech here in Oklahoma and Get some critical information...
Agnt42

Post by Agnt42 »

Something else I just remembered...after speaking to my service manager here at Mayes County Chrysler.....I remember him telling me that If I bring the truck in he will have it reprogramed to meet my owner operating preferences for me. SO we didnt talk about cost but I figured he was offering it as a good faith thing since I had some sisues with the little stuff sucvch as auto door locks when the truck is moving.
mcpcpa

Post by mcpcpa »

Get the tranny flash done that TopBanana talks about in the above TSB link. It would appear that this only affects the shift points when in the Tow/Haul mode, but I have had it done and it makes a world of difference in that when steadily accelerating (not mashing pedal to the floor) it will not shift until about 60 - 65 and then goes into the next gear (not fifth or overdrive like before flash) Definately get this done as it improves driveability. However, when you go to Dodge dealer to get this done, you need to tell them that you want the update done NOT because it will improve drivablility but because when you are towing (or hauling a heavy load), it is contantly upshifting and downshifting searching for the correct gear. This is free and you should not be charged for the update. It took about 45 min - 1 hour for them to complete on mine.
2SLO4U

Post by 2SLO4U »

mcpcpa wrote:Get the tranny flash done that TopBanana talks about in the above TSB link. It would appear that this only affects the shift points when in the Tow/Haul mode, but I have had it done and it makes a world of difference in that when steadily accelerating (not mashing pedal to the floor) it will not shift until about 60 - 65 and then goes into the next gear (not fifth or overdrive like before flash) Definately get this done as it improves driveability. However, when you go to Dodge dealer to get this done, you need to tell them that you want the update done NOT because it will improve drivablility but because when you are towing (or hauling a heavy load), it is contantly upshifting and downshifting searching for the correct gear. This is free and you should not be charged for the update. It took about 45 min - 1 hour for them to complete on mine.
is this only for 04 and up trucks? waht about 03's without the tow/haul button?
2003 1500 HEMI 2WD Laramie
1964 D100 426W High Performance Package
mcpcpa

Post by mcpcpa »

Sorry, don't know about 03.
Agnt42

Post by Agnt42 »

mcpcpa wrote:Get the tranny flash done that TopBanana talks about in the above TSB link. It would appear that this only affects the shift points when in the Tow/Haul mode, but I have had it done and it makes a world of difference in that when steadily accelerating (not mashing pedal to the floor) it will not shift until about 60 - 65 and then goes into the next gear (not fifth or overdrive like before flash) Definately get this done as it improves driveability. However, when you go to Dodge dealer to get this done, you need to tell them that you want the update done NOT because it will improve drivablility but because when you are towing (or hauling a heavy load), it is contantly upshifting and downshifting searching for the correct gear. This is free and you should not be charged for the update. It took about 45 min - 1 hour for them to complete on mine.
Awesome thanks...I did buy it to pull my RV. :D