what is the

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

dodgedifferent2

what is the

Post by dodgedifferent2 »

what is the difference between a rumble bee and a regular hemi ram?
firefighter6526

Post by firefighter6526 »

Paint and price.
03' Quad Cab 2wd 5.7 HEMI(Bug Luv'n White)
03' Accord EX(Silver Bullet)
96' Protege(My Ecofriendly Beat'r)
1 Hag
2 Rats
PrettyBlueCoffin

Post by PrettyBlueCoffin »

Hey Hey now they have got some special go fast stickers.

LMAO

Oh wait we can all buy them from Mopar.
2004 RAM 1500 QUAD CAB(R) LARAMIE 4X2 SWB
3.92 Axle Ratio / Anti-Spin Differential
usedtobert

Post by usedtobert »

Also a NON FUNCTIONAL Lund Hood scoop. :roll: The Rumble Bees should have at least got the SRT-10 hood.
dodgedifferent2

ya i didnt think there was anything too special about them
TheRedneckWay

Post by TheRedneckWay »

looks like a Dodge gimmick to get more money out of the customer
johnwmt

what is the

Post by johnwmt »

yea and u can only get them in sun yellow and black,,,, and black too hard to keepup and yellow just is not me,,,, i like the color of mine and i got it for 17000,,,, and beside if u going to put that much in to one u shound look in to the hemi gtx's they have better choices of colors and more go fast goodies for about the same price
TheRedneckWay

Post by TheRedneckWay »

to helll with a HEMI.....for that kind of money gimme a SRT-10
dodgedifferent2

TheRedneckWay wrote:to helll with a HEMI.....for that kind of money gimme a SRT-10
me want old school charger or duster
rumblebee1638

Post by rumblebee1638 »

Hi all. The rumblebee was supposed to be a limited, numbered edition ram. The are all numbered, but dc lied to us about how many they would ultimately produce, as well as solar yellow only being available on the bee, and that they would be made for just one year ( they are making them again on 05). The concept is a nod to the super bee coronet.
Don Nicklason

Hemi's old & new

Post by Don Nicklason »

Sorry, all you young guys don't know what a real Hemi engine (motor), is. The Picture sent in on one post was very good. Not a real Hemi, close, but no cupie doll, as he rightly noted. To all you young novice's that weren't even born when the first Hemis came out from Chrylers "Camp" back in early fifties, let me enlighten you.
They, MOPAR as it is now known had more automotive patents than any one else on the Planet. Did you know that ?
Their engineering/designer group of people where the top drawer guys out to get it the best.
The first early Hemi's were a true Hemi Head flat top piston engine , motor, mill, what ever you want to all em.
Anyone that has an early Hemi can just look at the combustion chamber in the cyl. head & eye ball it, & see it's HEMI.
Why did they make it ? Answer - It had the most efficient volumetic efficiency of all 4 cycle engines ever made.
What's that, you ask ?
Here goes-- The ability of the cylinder to rid the cylinder of unburned gas to the ratio of replenish it with fresh air/gas mixture.
The Hemi was the optium design.
Why did they quit marketing it ? Answere- It cost too much extra bucks to MFR, & put it to gether on the assy. line. They tried passing the extra cost to the bottem line of cars & it didn't fly. If ony, they had the aluminum head casting back then, (and they didn't), they would have killed all the other competition. Gets down to HP/weight ration.
55 Red Ram Powered 30 A Roadster
dodgedifferent2

well put

take a tennis ball cut it in half and the inside looks like a hemi head...