diesel war

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

TheRedneckWay

diesel war

Post by TheRedneckWay »

wow...... I saw an 04 Cummins Dodge dust an 04 Powerstroke Ford today and the Ford was even a six speed, and still lost!!! The Dodge was equipped with a 47RE tranny. For the record, I work with both truck owners, and both are equipped with some type of diesel tuners (superchips, banks, hypertech etc) but not the same brand in both trucks. I am a close friend of both, and i hate to say my HEMI is no match for either one of these monster diesel engines.
firefighter6526

Post by firefighter6526 »

Yeah, that's awsome. I was watching a tuner show a few weeks back and it featured a guy who tweaks these beasts. He was the fella with the land speed record for a truck and it was a diesel. It was pretty funny to watch him pull a monster trailer to the flats and then unhook and run the piss out of the truck then hook back up and haul the trailer back home. I believe he was using turbos and computer mods what ever it was, it worked!! Anyway he did up a crew cab F-250 powerstroke (looked like a 4x4,may not have been) went and got a brand new Mustang GT off the show room floor took them down to the local drag strip.
GT got smoked big time.

I wanna say the mods ran about 10k but I could be wrong.
03' Quad Cab 2wd 5.7 HEMI(Bug Luv'n White)
03' Accord EX(Silver Bullet)
96' Protege(My Ecofriendly Beat'r)
1 Hag
2 Rats
usedtobert

Post by usedtobert »

My buddy has a Chevy HD with some mods (unsure about what all he has). But the truck runs 9.0's in the 1/8 mile. Extended Cab 4x4 as well.

That would run pretty close to a New GT.
TheRedneckWay

Post by TheRedneckWay »

all i know is that i drove the cummins dodge, that I eluded to in the first post, and it would blow my HEMI off the road.....and i thought these HEMI engines were supposed to be the most powerful Dodge has. In my opinion, Dodge doesn't advertise and market the cummins diesel HDs as much as they should.
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

find out what your boss is usin in his Dodge
One whose life is Infecting others with Falsehood, shall fall greater than any of their Victims.
SoCalHemi04

Post by SoCalHemi04 »

Redneck...i heard you don't even have a Hemi. some one is smoking something :roll:
TheRedneckWay

Post by TheRedneckWay »

actually i dont own one anymore and I haven't since october ran into some money problems, so my brother in law now owns it. I never tried to claim i still had my truck, and in fact, i dont ever come into this forum anymore... LOL i simply came in here because i was told in an email that a punk@ss was talkin trash about me i came into look....i laughed... and im not intimidated
matt e

Post by matt e »

I took a new 2500 Cummins 610 out for a spin today...it didn't pull as hard as I was expecting but it was no where near broken in(only 50 kms on it) and I was still pretty impresed. I'd trade my Hemi for a Cummins in a second because they have so much potential to make power. Also, the 2500 feels like a much more solid truck than my 1500.
'03 silver Ram 1500 QC Hemi 4x4 Laramie 3.92s
Custom air intake, 3" magnaflow exhaust w/ high flow cat, 0-25K ohm adjustable IAT sensor mod, helix power tower, 195 degree t-stat, Superchips Hemi tuner, BFG A/T 325/60R20s.