Test driving the new Chrysler/Dodge stuff

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

fasttoys

Test driving the new Chrysler/Dodge stuff

Post by fasttoys »

Had an opportunity receintly to test drive some of the new pieces from Chrysler and Dodge. There was a Viper, SRT10, RumbleBee, 300 SRT8, and two SRT4 (one stock the other with SRT performance adds).

The Viper felt much nicer that the previous ones I had driven (2002). Much more predictable, and easy to handle. Tons of power that you could easily regulate with predictable results very unlike the older ones. Nice car.

The SRT10 was the first one I had ever driven. I was suprised by the lack of "soul". It just did not make you feel like there was 500 HP under the hood. Everything felt OK but not Great. Very "Kool" truck but perhaps I was expecting to much.

The RumbleBee was fun. Felt like more kick in the pants than the SRT10. Seemed to handle better all the way around. I can see why you guys really like these. Very nice.

The 300 SRT 8 was impressive. I was totally surprised. A extremely nice package of performance and luxury. The handling was excellent and the power was smooth. It seemed to have a very wide power band as things came effortlessly at almost any speed. A nice ride. I felt it better than the Mercedes E500 and less expensive. I have a S-55 and think the SRT8 would almost be better as a daily driver.

The SRT4 were a blast. The stock one was just plan fun and handled very well. A heck of a buy. the SRT works one was unbelievable. They had reworked the engine and added a bigger turbo and redid the suspension. I was told all the parts are avaliable today. They estimated the HP at 400. This was some of the most fun I have had in a while. This little car accelerated like a rocket and handled as good as my friends Lotus Elise. What a trip.
68 Hemi Hurst Barracuda,
70 Hemi RR,
69 Yenko,
Fast toys