Hypertech releases Power Programmer for 03-04 Hemis!!

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

JakeDogg

Hypertech releases Power Programmer for 03-04 Hemis!!

Post by JakeDogg »

The programmer claims an improvement of 17hp and 28lbs of torque over stock. How does this compare against the superchips power programmer?? ANd also, do these programmers void the factory warranty?? ANy info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Guys.
2004 Rumble Bee 2wd HEMI: 3" Glasspack TRUE-DUALS!

2002 Harley Davidson FXDWG

2003 Mustang Cobra: MAC 3" Catback
SoCalHemi04

Post by SoCalHemi04 »

Jake....if you want more torque off the line get the Hypertech...sence you have an 04 there isnt much choice. But my Jet modual did show half the improvements of the Hypertech.
firefighter6526

Post by firefighter6526 »

Hey Jake, go to hemitruckclub.com. They have an article on the superchips tuner with a dyno run.
03' Quad Cab 2wd 5.7 HEMI(Bug Luv'n White)
03' Accord EX(Silver Bullet)
96' Protege(My Ecofriendly Beat'r)
1 Hag
2 Rats
JakeDogg

Post by JakeDogg »

Thanks a lot guys for the input. I was just wondering if anyone has done the Hypertech yet?
2004 Rumble Bee 2wd HEMI: 3" Glasspack TRUE-DUALS!

2002 Harley Davidson FXDWG

2003 Mustang Cobra: MAC 3" Catback
TangoHemi

Post by TangoHemi »

hey guys,
I assume when you use these programmers, you have to re-connect the TMR mod cable? I have a hypertech on order and want to know.

Tango
'03 Ram 1500 QC "Thunderroad"
H-60 Special Ops / Rescue Pilot

http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com ... 332&pos=13
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

TangoHemi wrote:hey guys,
I assume when you use these programmers, you have to re-connect the TMR mod cable? I have a hypertech on order and want to know.

Tango
I am told yes, lets find out with the tests
One whose life is Infecting others with Falsehood, shall fall greater than any of their Victims.
MEANGENE75

Post by MEANGENE75 »

i installed my hypertech on my 04 a week ago. a decent bit better than the jet module it replaced. i still dont like the fact that it is governed, but at least you can bump it to 128. (max setting) and i really thought i'd be able to adjust shift points and firmness. not so. its just tuning, t-stat temp, tire size, rev limit and governer. but it is definately peppy-er than my jet module. and it is much less tolerant to cheap fuel. ive got it tuned for the 93 octane and it needs every bit of it. may need booster in the heat of the summer. we'll see..........gene
04 hemi, sc, sport, red, 3.92 posi, 22" wheels, flowmaster cat back, mopar long tube headers, srt 10 hood, mopar cod air,cold air duct, hypertech, ground force drop, sirius radio, momo sub, tint, 180 thermostat, silverstar lamps, mopar bed cover.
SoCalHemi04

Post by SoCalHemi04 »

Meangene...I had a Jet Modual too. I got brave and stacked the Jet on top of the Hypertech last week....want to race?? :lol:
floridahemi

Post by floridahemi »

did you guys notice any gas mileage improvements from either chips?
MEANGENE75

Post by MEANGENE75 »

what do you do for fuel. 93 plus lots of octane booster? mine rattles on any other brand but exxon 93. any noticible performance by doubling up? might try it to do some testing while we've got some pretty cool ambient temps.
04 hemi, sc, sport, red, 3.92 posi, 22" wheels, flowmaster cat back, mopar long tube headers, srt 10 hood, mopar cod air,cold air duct, hypertech, ground force drop, sirius radio, momo sub, tint, 180 thermostat, silverstar lamps, mopar bed cover.
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

good info, can you help the shifts?
One whose life is Infecting others with Falsehood, shall fall greater than any of their Victims.
pdt

Post by pdt »

The Hypertech is weak, it doesn't even have an option for larger tire sizes, at least for the 04'. That would be (for me) the only reason to get one. Superchips is planning to release one for the 04' come spring.