5.7L Hemi

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

meltdown40

5.7L Hemi

Post by meltdown40 »

I have had dodge trucks for 10 years with the last trade up from the 5.9 to an 04 5.7. I have been totally dissapointed with the low throttle response from the hemi due to the stock throttle limiter. ARe there any fixes for this? I have read about the chip porgrammers but leary of spending money unless it's a definite fix..Maybe you guys can tell me. The 5.7 drive me crazy...has lots of torque but very sluggish on the thottle.. it's either all the pedal or nothing..I know ther power band is there..where is it on take off? I know the 300c and the new jeep cherokees have it..the 300 c does not have this lag and has been tuned down somehwat for noise...why such a restictive throttle on a vehicle that is supposed to tow..I almost always use mine with OD off for around town for faster acceleration. I know this can't be good for the tranny long term. Any suggestions?
thx

also will the new 6.1 have this limiter..if so ..I dont want it.. I am thinking of going back to the older engines with mods andsuck up the gas prices.
SoCalHemi04

Post by SoCalHemi04 »

there are a few things you can do to increase the throttle responce. 1. get the hypertech ll programer.( then you will get at least 20' of rubber on the pavement!) 2. this one is free...'calibrate your throttle'.
2SLO4U

Post by 2SLO4U »

how do you "calibrate your throttle"?
2003 1500 HEMI 2WD Laramie
1964 D100 426W High Performance Package
SoCalHemi04

throttle calibration

Post by SoCalHemi04 »

step 1. Turn your ignition key to 'on' (don't start the engine)
2. Rapidly depress the gas pedal and hold it to the floor.
3.Turn the ignition to 'off'.

start it up and drive it like you stole it! I do this at least every week. it takes like 6 seconds.