HEMI Exhaust

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

GONE1445

HEMI Exhaust

Post by GONE1445 »

I got a 2003 Hemi reg cab and was lookin for the loudest exhaust possible i want my truck to wake the people on the other side of my neighbors and the louder inside the better i was lookin at the flowmaster kit but i dunno how it sound any one got a sound bite of it??
SoCalHemi04

Post by SoCalHemi04 »

Areo Turbine..its loud outside....Flowmasters are louder inside than out.
cwmartin

Loud Exhaust

Post by cwmartin »

Try Gibson Super Truck Headers. My neighbor put a set on his 04 Ram Hemi and it is loud as crap!!!! Not as deep a tone as I would like but they still sound pretty good. They are pretty loud at idle but, when he gets on it down the road man those things will shake the windows.
GONE1445

Post by GONE1445 »

where they the log headers cuz thats the only gibson headers i can find for the hemi
2003 ram R/C bone stock for now mmmmmwwwaaahahahahahahhah
cwmartin

Gibson Exhaust

Post by cwmartin »

Sorry about the confusion. TheSuper Truck is a cat back exhaust system from them that exits on the passenger side in front of the rear tires. It is very loud. I dont think the new headers from them change the sound very much on the exhaust, not like a better Muffler system anyway. The new header from them is pretty good though. I met someone at our local hang out that bought a set(log headers), kept the factory cats and put on their dual sport system(exits on side) and it sounds pretty freakin awesome and he says it gave him quite a torque boost too.
GONE1445

Post by GONE1445 »

oh thanx for the clear up, also i was lookin at the headers on Gs motor sports site and the pic shows two cats and my question is do both cats come with the kit for the 2003 ram.
cwmartin

Headers

Post by cwmartin »

I am not familiar with the pic you are talking about but, I am not aware of any aftermarket header kits that come with the cats. Most of them are designed to bolt directly to the factory exit pipes or usually just a little welding modifications to get them to fit. Could you post the link to the site of the pic you are talking about. Most cats on performance and large engine trucks that are within about 3-4 years old usually have decent flowing cats. I have not seen much improvement over them compared to these so-called high performance cats that are very expensive. A lot of the newer cats on these vehicles are of the monolithic design, which is similar to the high perf ones. The only real benefit I see in the high perf ones is that they are usually made of stainless, not aluminized steel (which will rust in time).
floridahemi

Post by floridahemi »

any improvements on gas mileage with the super truck exhaust?
GONE1445

Post by GONE1445 »

http://www.gsmotorsports.com/Merchant2/ ... HMIRAMHDRS

it says its a system but im pretty sure its a cat forward system and in the pic it shows 2 cats and i was wondering if the kit for the 03 comes with both cats