drag racing with the new hemi?

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

AndreS

drag racing with the new hemi?

Post by AndreS »

i've seen the magnum, 300c and trucks at the drag strip. that's not what this is about.

now that the new hemi is available in crate form, complete with ignition system and either a carb or TBI.. they are also coming available used through various autorecyclers. i know it's being swapped into a few street rods and whatnot... but... is it soon to be seen in dragsters, and drag cars?

if so, what transmissions are they using? will they be using the 5 spd auto or 6 speed stick from the newer models? what about using a TF727 auto? will there be an adapter or a custom TF727 casing?
also, a limited number of hi performance cams are now available for it, what about pistons, intakes, headers, and other race-related hop-ups?
maybe they are still indergoing R&D on much of it since it's a fairly new engine?
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

I read in one of the Mopar magazines that the smallblock torqueflites would bolt to the new hemi. They said it had the same bolt pattern as the LA engines. If so, that would solve the transmission issue.
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda