GS Motorsports S/C vs. STS Turbo

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

Vince

SMT6

Post by Vince »

Hey, hate to hijack Millers thread to hemifevers truck, but I was wondering if you installed your SMT6 yourself, and if you did if there was anything in particular that you wish you knew ahead of time. I am about to tackle the install of my SMT6, and I am trying to make sure I know what I am up against ahead of time, and from what I can understand I am lookin at alot of cursing, lol. I was planing on just running a basic map that just ran the 9th injector based on MAP, but since my truck in in the shop right now having the throttle body replaced because the fuel messed up the sensors due to the drive by wire setup, I am planning on upgrading the 8 injectors and creating my own Fuel map. So really anything you can tell me about why you chose what you did (injectors, etc) and tuning would be a big help.

Vince
2003 4x4 Hemi Ram
STS Turbo Kit
Autometer Boost and EGT
Innovate Motorsports LM-1, LMA-3 and XD-1 for tuning on my SMT6 (currently in the process of installing)
2"/4" Drop
hemifever

Post by hemifever »

Yes, I did my smt6/injector install. I have pm'd you.
1971 Plymouth Cuda - 451 stroker
2003 QC 4x4 Dodge Hemi - STS Turbo, KRC 6005 heads & rods, Ross pistons, 6.1L crank & cam, ARP main/head studs, JBA headers, SMT6, APS converter: 575rwtq/492rwhp @ 9psi
2005 Chrysler 300c
hemifever

Post by hemifever »

Just wanted to throw another update out there. I've had the smt6 on my truck for a year now. In December, a new turbo tune came avail where all 8 factory injectors are replaced with large ones, the map sensor is replaced with a 2 bar, and a special tune is installed. It's been running awesome. Drives like a factory turbo vehicle now.

My friend switched to the new system about 5 mo ago and things are great.

And lastly, 4 additional turbo hemi's have been switched to the new system over the past 3 weeks.

Just wanted to throw the update for anybody coming through with f/i and looking to improve their setup.
1971 Plymouth Cuda - 451 stroker
2003 QC 4x4 Dodge Hemi - STS Turbo, KRC 6005 heads & rods, Ross pistons, 6.1L crank & cam, ARP main/head studs, JBA headers, SMT6, APS converter: 575rwtq/492rwhp @ 9psi
2005 Chrysler 300c
Jay Carnes

Post by Jay Carnes »

why the hell don't they make a system for the magnum wagon!

It's refreshing to come to a forum where people know what the hell they are talking about. I've always been a GM guy, and i read every post & try to suck all this in. Good stuff :o