Borla Cat Back Exhaust 5.7L

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

CommanderSRT

Borla Cat Back Exhaust 5.7L

Post by CommanderSRT »

I have a 05 grand cherokee with the 5.7L. Anyone know anything about this exhaust? How it sounds?

http://www.borla.com/applications/looku ... em/140158/
Bottom16

Post by Bottom16 »

Sup dude! I just ordered the Borla a couple of days ago. Should have it by the beginning of the week 12/27. Will let you know all about it when it gets put on.....FedEx shows the whole package weighs only 32 lbs. It's a good start in weight reduction I think. :)

Take care!
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/5.7L HEMI; Full AiRaid Cold Air Intake; Borla Cat-Back Exhaust
CommanderSRT

Post by CommanderSRT »

awesome. hows that air intake doing for you?
Bottom16

Post by Bottom16 »

The thing is SICK! It gets rid of that stupid resonator at the front of the engine, the thing breathes alot easier and you can really hear the engine now when you get on it. I had my friend listen fromt he street when I stomped on the gas and he was like "Man that sounds awesome!"

Definitely runs better in the upper RPM's as well. I think it adds about 16-18 HP and about 18-20 TQ at wheels. You can definitely notice a big difference.
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/5.7L HEMI; Full AiRaid Cold Air Intake; Borla Cat-Back Exhaust
CommanderSRT

Post by CommanderSRT »

picking up this exhaust tomorrow morning at dealer and also getting front windows tinted there.
Bottom16

Post by Bottom16 »

I just got mine in the mail yesterday. Looks awesome! Love the Exhaust Tip. Going to try and put it on tonight. Will give you an update once it's on.
Bottom16

Post by Bottom16 »

Have the thing on now. looks awesome compliments the chrome rims and accents all around. sounds great. nice low rumble, not too loud. louder than stock though. Haven't opened up on the highway where the HEMI likes the upper RPM's, but definitely more responsive and a crapload lighter than the stock crap thing...lol
CommanderSRT

Post by CommanderSRT »

Yep I have my on now also. I wasn't looking for something extremely loud so I love it. I can feel a gain for sure. I cant imagine how fast the SRT8 Cherokee is. Do you ever get people in Nissan Muranos try to race you? Happens to me all the time...hahaha
Bottom16

Post by Bottom16 »

No. Never get those that want to race. Actually, haven't gotten anyone that wants to....sigh.
ibrahim

Post by ibrahim »

Hello everyone,

Please could you advise if any of you has installed the borla exhaust on the 2006 grand cherokee hemi 5.7L because i have spoke to Borla and they advised that if there was no change in the exhaust between 2005 and 2006 then it will fit my car so I was wondering if anyone installed it on a grand cherokee 2006.
2006 Wk Grand Cherokee
5.7L Hemi Limited
project95rebuild2

Post by project95rebuild2 »

can either of you get an exhaust video clip... I am interested to hear what it sounds like.. I heard a magnaflow on a truck not too long ago! I want to do exhaust kindof.. but I want to stay quite! or as quite as I can!

-05 Reg Cab Hemi Ram (stock)
-98 Chevy Cavalier (for sale)
-95 2 door coupe neon (srt-4 swapp!)