TB Spacer for 5.7L HEMI

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

Bottom16

TB Spacer for 5.7L HEMI

Post by Bottom16 »

Quick question. Has anyone ever added one to their HEMI? Are they any good, a waste of time, difference between all that are available. I knwo that there are a few different kinds available for the Ram HEMI's and a couple for the non-truck HEMI's, but none for the Jeep GC w/HEMI? I have the AirRaid full intake on now and love it and wanted to add the TB Spacer from them if it actually works. Was wondering if the ones for the non-trucks would work on this vehicle since there aren;t any specifically made for it. Would there be any linkage problems, etc.

Thanks in advance for the help!
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/5.7L HEMI; Full AiRaid Cold Air Intake; Borla Cat-Back Exhaust
P.E.P.I. Racing

Post by P.E.P.I. Racing »

why would you ? you don't need more plenum volume. Plus its a RAM style long runner manifold. wouldnt expect to gain much if anything.
Bottom16

Post by Bottom16 »

Thanks for the response. I don't think the AiRaid one lengthens it much, maybe an 1/8th of an inch. The suppsoed benefit comes from the inside shape of it. I thought that the theory behind this particular spacer was to make the air a little more turbulent for better fuel atomization or something like that. Am I on the right track or way off? Please advise. Thanks!
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/5.7L HEMI; Full AiRaid Cold Air Intake; Borla Cat-Back Exhaust
P.E.P.I. Racing

Post by P.E.P.I. Racing »

Bottom16 wrote:Thanks for the response. I don't think the AiRaid one lengthens it much, maybe an 1/8th of an inch. The suppsoed benefit comes from the inside shape of it. I thought that the theory behind this particular spacer was to make the air a little more turbulent for better fuel atomization or something like that. Am I on the right track or way off? Please advise. Thanks!

turbulence at the TB isnt going to help port mixtures at the valve. think of the Tb/plenum as an air compressor tank. the volume of air in the plenum cushions the air entering the port runner.