Advice on Reaching 420 hp

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

Bottom16

Advice on Reaching 420 hp

Post by Bottom16 »

Had an advice question on how to get my Jeep HEMI to about the same power range as the new SRT-8 Grand Cherokee. I have done the complete AiRaid CAI and Borla Exhaust and was looking to get it up to about the 420 hp range. Please keep in mind that mine has the stupid MDS feature. I would like to shy away from nitrous as I would like to do this with bolt-on parts. Also, there is no supergharger kit yet for my application either. If anyone can please help me, it would be very much appreciated.

PS, I love this site. Everyone is so insiteful.
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/5.7L HEMI; Full AiRaid Cold Air Intake; Borla Cat-Back Exhaust
P.E.P.I. Racing

Post by P.E.P.I. Racing »

some work in the ECM a good set of long tube headers and a mild camshaft should do it no problem.
Bottom16

Post by Bottom16 »

Thanks so much for the reply. Does anyone have anything like that available? I heard the ECM for the HEMI w/MDS is a pain in the arse and is there a cam for the MDS engines? Do you know of anyone who makes headers for the Jeep as well?

Again, thanks for the parts list, will look into trying to find them.
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/5.7L HEMI; Full AiRaid Cold Air Intake; Borla Cat-Back Exhaust
P.E.P.I. Racing

Post by P.E.P.I. Racing »

Bottom16 wrote:Thanks so much for the reply. Does anyone have anything like that available? I heard the ECM for the HEMI w/MDS is a pain in the arse and is there a cam for the MDS engines? Do you know of anyone who makes headers for the Jeep as well?

Again, thanks for the parts list, will look into trying to find them.
Give it a few more months and there should be a Cam and ECM package hitting the streets.
Bottom16

Post by Bottom16 »

Great! Thanks for the info.

Also, do you happen to know if the heads that were mentioned in one of my earlier posts will work on the Jeep? This is the site: http://www.lmperformance.com/c/6/76.html

I think you mentioned their work is inconsistent. But do these work on mine eventhough they are for the 300/300C?

Thanks again, you rock!