hemi fuel sytem

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

Evilbert1972

hemi fuel sytem

Post by Evilbert1972 »

my queston is has dodge change there fuel injecton sytem from speed density to mass air flow?
thanks for you time
Evilbert1972
redelk

Post by redelk »

I don't know if this helps or if it's even what your talking about, but it from the service manual CD... (sorry for the long post) :oops:

The MAP sensor is used as an input to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). It contains a sensing unit to provide data on the manifold vacuum that draws the air/fuel mixture into the combustion chamber. The PCM requires this information to determine injector pulse width and spark advance. When manifold absolute pressure (MAP) equals Barometric pressure, the pulse width will be at maximum.

The MAP sensor input is the number one contributor to fuel injector pulse width. The most important function of the MAP sensor is to determine barometric pressure. The PCM needs to know if the vehicle is at sea level or at a higher altitude, because the air. During key-on (engine not running) the sensor reads (updates) barometric pressure. As the altitude increases, the air becomes thinner (less oxygen). If a vehicle is started and driven to a very different altitude than where it was at key-on, the barometric pressure needs to be updated.

Any time the PCM sees Wide Open Throttle (WOT), based upon Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) angle and RPM, it will update barometric pressure in the MAP memory cell. With periodic updates, the PCM can make its calculations more effectively. The PCM uses the MAP sensor input to aid in calculating the following: Manifold pressure, Barometric pressure, Engine load, Injector pulse-width, Spark-advance programs, Shift-point strategies (certain automatic transmissions only), Idle speed and Decel fuel shutoff.

As manifold vacuum increases, the MAP sensor input voltage decreases
proportionally. The sensor also contains electronics that condition the signal and provide temperature compensation. The PCM recognizes a decrease in manifold pressure by monitoring a decrease in voltage from the reading stored in the barometric pressure memory cell. The MAP sensor is a linear sensor; meaning as pressure changes, voltage changes proportionately.
I might not be fast, but I'm slower than you!
Evilbert1972

Post by Evilbert1972 »

well seed densad and mass air flow are the two ways you can mesure the air for a fule injected engine
i was just wondering it dodge had change to mass air.
the reason i ask is becaus mass air is a more acurate and faster system.
becaus it aculay mesures all the in coming air to the engine. unlike speed densady where it take a hole bunch of sensor readings(map,baro,o2,tps,cts) and getamates the incoming air.
the reason i ask this queston is becaus dodge is still speed deansaty.
Ant@Psi-FI

Post by Ant@Psi-FI »

They are using a speed density setup with a returnless constant pressure fuel rail system. I will have the exact pressure for you in a bit. If I had to guess I would say that it is 58psi at the rail.