edelbrock hemi intake

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

57HEMICUDA

edelbrock hemi intake

Post by 57HEMICUDA »

Talked to Edelbrock at The Big Show in New York saturday asked them about new hemi intakes,they said there 4 bbl version is designed and molds are made,but probably won't see it for 6 months.He also said chrysler is trying to get them to build a 2x 4bbl version he seemed to feel that wasn't going to happen
rjmyer

my 03' throttle body intake

Post by rjmyer »

i have a comp cam in my 5.7 hemi 1500,throttle body intake.cant get the idle quite where it needs to be because of the computer limtations.does any one know if a carb. set up would help me with the fine tuning?any one willing to help me out?
57HEMICUDA

Post by 57HEMICUDA »

Comp didn't at first,but they now offer a pcm tuner to correct issues created by there cams.Carb set up is not offered by anyone yet anyway,even the chrysler one you would have to buy the whole crate motor to get it Ron
rumblebee1638

Post by rumblebee1638 »

I have the XFI268 in my bee, and had the same problem. Not enough vacuum at idle wigs out the PCM. I got my PCM reflashed by KRC Performance, and the thing idles now. They also put the pinch on torque management so it shifts like a regular automatic now. I don't know what year ram you have, but the 03s were not liking the KRC reflash.
mr fabrication

Post by mr fabrication »

you can buy the intake from mopar now for the carb.