HELP - fuel in oil, no oil pressure

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

Lugnut

HELP - fuel in oil, no oil pressure

Post by Lugnut »

Hey all,

I gots me a big problem, made even bigger now. Long story short, my 03 Ram Quad Cab 5.7 4wd with 71000 kms on it lost oil pressure yesterday, and sounds like a diesel now. Shut it right down, had it towed to the dealership, they're ripping her down right now, seems the reason the oil pump failed was due to fuel in the oil, and they are looking for that source right now. I'm thinking this is beginning to sound very expensive and am wondering has anyone else had a problem similar to this?

Add insult to injury here, my other truck got stolen two weeks ago and I'm scrapping with the insurance guys over that one as it was recovered trashed..........and I run a surveying biz and its gettin pretty hard to survey out of my rental Camry.

Lug
Lugnut

update

Post by Lugnut »

They never found the source of the fuel in the oil, and claim to have checked all the injectors and scoped it, turning up nothing. They changed the oil and filter, and claim it now has oil pressure. I'm a bit leary of taking the truck back as it ran for a period with no oil pressure, yet the crankcase was full of oil which was diluted a bit with gas.

Now in the old days, I've flushed engines with diesel fuel to remove sludge - drained the oil, filled with diesel and let them run a few minutes - I don't recall any of those engines I did that to having no oil pressure when running on a crankcase full of diesel, so why did a bit of gas in my oil knock out my oil pump (they say they've tested it, first it had no pressure, and since the oil change it now has normal pressure).

I'll keep yas posted,

Lug