5.7 Hemi Swap (Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor)

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

hotrd37

5.7 Hemi Swap (Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor)

Post by hotrd37 »

I'm performing an '04 5.7 swap and I'm running into some difficulties.

I did not get the pedal assembly with the wiring, and I either have figure out a way to make this assembly drive by wire, or I have to figure out the requirements and make this piece with a linear potentiometer in order to operate the throttle body. I haven't made a firm decision on which I will accomplish.

Does anyone have the schematics of the inside of the ETC assembly?
I have the service manual, but they don't go into the ETC.

Does anyone have an extra pedal assembly?

Also, Does anyone know if I made a drive by wire system, would the computer have a problem as long as I still had the TPS portion hooked up?

This is just one of my many issues that I'm bound to have. Anyway some advice would be great. Thanks
//Hot Rod '37//

Mike Tipton
capt'nben

hemi swap

Post by capt'nben »

:) Hi Mike I'm in Brighton just northeast of Denver, I've built 3 ford 5.0 efi cars but I', new to the hemi.
I am building a 48 ford F1 pickupbut I'm using a 2004 durango rolling chassis complete with 4wd. I have all the wiring from the durango but I'm going to use the old ford ignition switch and starter button (nostalga thing).
The anti theft system is my problem but I am making progress.
I have lots of wiring diagrams for the durango and several contacts that may be helpful.
As close as we are we should get togeather and do a little brain storming
ben@wbecin.net or 303 659 3079
hotrd37

Post by hotrd37 »

Ben, Thanks for the response. I'll be out of town for about a week. I'll send you an e-mail and see where we go from there. I'm hoping to get back on the project before too long. I wouldn't mind a brainstorming session. I too am new to the hemi. Again thanks for the response as well as the enthusiasm.
//Hot Rod '37//

Mike Tipton
capt'nben

Post by capt'nben »

:) Thanks for the reply Mike, are you planning to go to the Goodguys event at loveland? If so we could get togeather there and mabe going up or comming home you could stop by my place and look at this project, it isn't far out of the way.
what year hemi and transmission are you using and what are you putting it in?
As I said I'm using the whole chassis from the durango, 2004 model, shortened 5" to fit the 48 ford pickup body.
I have a couple of wiring issues to work through, the antitheft and the antiskid /traction control system and small things like guages and cruse control.
I havent really started wireing yet, just reviewing diagrams and reading a few things.
Ben