MSD for 5.7 Hemi

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

Merpar

MSD for 5.7 Hemi

Post by Merpar »

Hi all,

Does anyone know if MSD makes coil packs for the 5.7? Tried their website didn't see any listed.

Thanks In advance,
Merpar
:lol:
speedicusmaximus

Post by speedicusmaximus »

Hi Merpar,
I just checked out the MSD website - it doesn't look as if they do much for the new Hemi. Yet. All I could find is spark plug wires, and a tuning chip.
Try contacting MSD direct, under their "comments/feedback" icon. If they don't yet do an ignition coil, they might take the hint for all the other owners out there. More than 1,000,000 of 'em ! Try asking what they have in the pipeline too, and get back to us if you get any good answers !
Good luck !
Mike
Beep ! Beep !
57HEMICUDA

Post by 57HEMICUDA »

I used msd LS1 coils on mine,but MSD hasn't done a coil for the hemi yet,I think they are working on engine management for a carb though http://mysite.verizon.net/ls6ron/
MEANGENE75

Post by MEANGENE75 »

dont think msd has anything out yet. been a couple weeks since i called. just wanted to chime in and say killer cuda! hope more swaps like this keep coming.
04 hemi, sc, sport, red, 3.92 posi, 22" wheels, flowmaster cat back, mopar long tube headers, srt 10 hood, mopar cod air,cold air duct, hypertech, ground force drop, sirius radio, momo sub, tint, 180 thermostat, silverstar lamps, mopar bed cover.
5.7Satellite

MSD, yes.

Post by 5.7Satellite »

Yes, MSD has a managment system in the works. It has about 10 hours dyno time on it and 10 hours of street and chassis dyno time. As I understand, the engine will come out and go back on the dyno in September for further testing. There are many good things coming down the pike. I am on my third conversion and a rebuild as well.