30K tranny service...

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

firefighter6526

30K tranny service...

Post by firefighter6526 »

Hey fella's, it's time for my 30K tranny service on my 03 QC Hemi. Is this a relatively easy job or should I pay to have it done???

Does anyone have any tips to make the process easier, or comments on what not to overlook??? Does the shop flush the tranny or just drain it and refill???

I believe that it requires replacing a filter and tightening the bands.

Also, any tips on making the job of changing the plugs any easier (specifically the rear plugs) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
03' Quad Cab 2wd 5.7 HEMI(Bug Luv'n White)
03' Accord EX(Silver Bullet)
96' Protege(My Ecofriendly Beat'r)
1 Hag
2 Rats
hemidup

Post by hemidup »

If the factory would have installed a tranny pan drain plug, it would make it a lot less messy of a job. There are 2 filters to replace and there are no bands to adjust. You can remove the tranny lines from the right side and use a Napa tranny flush kit. Don't loose the small retainer clips for the lines. As far as the plugs? Use a double swivel end extention. For installing the plugs, use a piece of fuel line and slide it over the plug insulator. This will help in getting the plugs threads started. Don't forget to use anti sieze on the plugs threads before you reinstall them.
392 Blown Hemi
72Scamp

Post by 72Scamp »

Probably too late, but I have a pdf file that goes thru the tranny fluid change proceedure. It's a pretty good writeup that I found on the net somewhere. If you want it, let me know.