radiator fan coversion

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

cuda614

radiator fan coversion

Post by cuda614 »

anyone know of any electric fan conversions? it looks like u can bolt one
right on my fan shroud on my 03 dodge ram. but i can't seem to find one online.
cuda614

Post by cuda614 »

i just like too take a minute and say WoW! what a helpfull forum. 2 months
later and 144 views and nobody knows anything.
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

Well, apparently there's nothing available! :roll:
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda
George

Post by George »

Or none of us have an '03 ram! :o
cuda614

Post by cuda614 »

that's insane. u can't tell me that someone hasn't tried to do that. :o :o :o
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

cuda614 wrote:that's insane. u can't tell me that someone hasn't tried to do that. :o :o :o
I don't know why that would be insane, those trucks are only 4 years old and apparently the factory setup is working well enough that no one has felt a need to modify it. There's also the possibility that not everyone that owns an 03 Dodge Ram has found their way to this post yet! :roll:
At any rate it seems you have an opportunity to be a real pioneer here. Jump in with both feet like a lot of us old timers have done and modify something to fit. You can then come back here and post your results and maybe help someone else out who is considering the same modification!
5.7Satellite

Radiator Fan

Post by 5.7Satellite »

What I used a couple years ago was a fan shroud and fan assymbly from a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I turned it upside down and trimed the shroud to fit the aplication. I used a cross-flow Fluid-Dyn aluminum radiator. That with a cooling fin type thermocouple and a standard fan relay worked fine. Even in Summer heat and traffic.
392heminut

Re: Radiator Fan

Post by 392heminut »

5.7Satellite wrote:What I used a couple years ago was a fan shroud and fan assymbly from a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I turned it upside down and trimed the shroud to fit the aplication. I used a cross-flow Fluid-Dyn aluminum radiator. That with a cooling fin type thermocouple and a standard fan relay worked fine. Even in Summer heat and traffic.
Now that's what I'm talking about, use a little ingenuity and make something work! Thanks for the post 5.7 Satellite!