New Hemi Builder's Guide: 2003-Present

Post by scottm »

Check it out...

High-Performance New Hemi Builder's Guide: 2003-Present
http://www.buy.com/prod/high-performanc ... 93937.html

Only $15 from Buy.com.
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

I have that book. It's not too bad, but mostly covers upgrades on the new vehicles. It barely touches on swaps into older musclecars and such. I don't believe the author is any kind of a hands on car guy either. In the camshaft section most of the specs have numbers swapped for the lift and duration. If you have a late model factory hemi vehicle it's an okay read, but I wouldn't recommend it at all to anyone looking to do a new hemi swap into an older vehicle. There's just not much of anything in the book of any value for that.
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda
observer

full race develo[ment

Post by observer »

I am curious about anyone doing full race engine development with these engines ie 600 plus lift solid roller , high rpm work. I am starting a project engine myself and would like to pick up on whatever has aleady been done . Since we are used to and making many parts I am hoping it will be an interesting project whatever the outcome. I figure some others are already deep into this but i havent been able to google them out . Any ideas?
Don
MMMMMM
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

You might try PM'ing a poster on this sight who goes by 'Hemidup', from his posts it seems he has been involved in some pretty stout development of the new hemis.
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda
observer

Tnx

Post by observer »

Thanks I will do that
Don
MMMMMM
hemidup

Post by hemidup »

With the geometry of the stock rockers, your pretty much limited to a .575" lift. I have seen a .600" lift cam do some serious head damage ie broken valve springs and where the rockers hit the retainers.
392 Blown Hemi
hemifever

Post by hemifever »

I think the book is a pretty good read for the advid LX and truck enthusiast. But no, nothing for the old mopar engine swap guru.
1971 Plymouth Cuda - 451 stroker
2003 QC 4x4 Dodge Hemi - STS Turbo, KRC 6005 heads & rods, Ross pistons, 6.1L crank & cam, ARP main/head studs, JBA headers, SMT6, APS converter: 575rwtq/492rwhp @ 9psi
2005 Chrysler 300c