2009 Challenger "Drag Racing Package"

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

scottm

Post by scottm »

http://www.thehemi.com/news.php?id=20071107-1

I hear the "package" includes radio/heater delete, a Dana rear, modified 4-link rear suspension and no sound deadener or seam sealers. This should be pretty interesting.
john

Post by john »

I spoke to Hakim at SEMA. He confirmed the cars availibilty but said he didn't know EXACTLY how it would be equipped or exactly when it'd be released. He's figuring it'll still have its IRS, leaving it up to the builder what sort of rear suspension to put in it. Last Friday I went to a local Dodge dealer and was actually able to order one with the understanding price & release date has yet to be determined-- but at least I'm on the list :D . Hakim also said they'd probably be shipped out in primer just like the old cars (in the interest of nostalgia) and that like the old cars--no warranty, no title and they are far from "track ready".
gremlinsteve

Post by gremlinsteve »

do you have the order codes for this drag pack car? and to confirm, the car you ordered is the radio delete drag race "body in white" version?

ill go order one tomorrow if they are taking the orders..not the regular street cars that is.

steve
john

Post by john »

What I was told by Hakim is that the car's are ordered using a special "P" (?) code. When I explained that to the salesmen he said he understood & that it was just like ordering a Viper ACR car and he was familiar with them, that's why he didn't squawk at my request. As to how it's equipped ---- again talking to Hakim at SEMA--- it'll be very much like the S/S concept car. If you've never seen it up close that means 392 FI, auto trans with Cheetah shifter, Auto Meter gauges in an alum. panel where the speedo & tach would be, seats from the Charger police cars,Lexan, no backseat, caged (personally I woudn't count on that), Dana60, S/S springs, (though Hakim was GUESSING they'd be shipped with their IRS) no sound deadener of any kind and the dash looked like it didn't even have a provision for ANY radio or anything else. Price & build date are to be determined. When I opened the car's doors they seemed extremely light so perhaps they used thinner sheetmetal. If you'd like I can e-mail my salesman's name.
gremlinsteve

Post by gremlinsteve »

please do..

steve