Engine hangs

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

greenram

Engine hangs

Post by greenram »

2003 1500 standard cab SWB 10K miles.
I have had several instances where the engine hangs after backing up and going to drive. Starts out as a rough idle and engine doesn't accelerate, except with foot on the floor and then it will barely move. Can be corrected by shutting down and restarting. Dealer says Chrysler knows about it, but in 6 months they have not indicated a fix. Anyone else have this or heard about it?

Thanks
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

Go to ( www.DODGEBOY.net ) and sign up... There are dozens of New HEMI owners their, Tell'em I sent ya. I think I saw them mention that a while back.
One whose life is Infecting others with Falsehood, shall fall greater than any of their Victims.
scottm

Re: Engine hangs

Post by scottm »

greenram wrote: I have had several instances where the engine hangs after backing up and going to drive.
http://dodgeboy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=405

Something like TSB 18-013-03 should fix the problem.
They reflash your computer with some upgraded code.
Hemidakota

Re: Engine hangs

Post by Hemidakota »

greenram wrote:2003 1500 standard cab SWB 10K miles.
I have had several instances where the engine hangs after backing up and going to drive. Starts out as a rough idle and engine doesn't accelerate, except with foot on the floor and then it will barely move. Can be corrected by shutting down and restarting. Dealer says Chrysler knows about it, but in 6 months they have not indicated a fix. Anyone else have this or heard about it?

Thanks
The TSB is for vehicles that have been affected only. The 2500 models with manuals are not recalled.

Also, use mid grade 89 gas and not low grade 87 Octane (base on CALIFORNIA).
Steve
Future Purchase: 2006 Charger SRT-8/2006 MegaCab 6.1 Hemi
"Coming soon 600HP SRT-10 to pull the SRT-4 & SRT-8 Charger to the track!"
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

:o SICK!!!!! HOW DID YOU GET IT THAT STRONG, saaaaaweet
One whose life is Infecting others with Falsehood, shall fall greater than any of their Victims.
Hemidakota

Post by Hemidakota »

MG42pillbox wrote::o SICK!!!!! HOW DID YOU GET IT THAT STRONG, saaaaaweet
Put a Hemi in it. It's the answer to any question that begins, "How do I make it cool?" or "How do I make it fast?" Dodge has known it for years, transmogulating the early Hemi into the so-called "late-model" 426 in 1964 to create the engine that's won the world over. Winged Daytonas. Super Stock Darts. Garlits' Fuelers. All pinnacles of the world's most recognized engine--one that, more often than you may think, has ended up in a truck.

Yep, a truck. The initial such concoction was the new-for-'64 Dodge A-100 cabover, a failed factory experimental racer turned wheelstander and marketing coup by Chrysler's Frank Wylie and now known forever as the Little Red Wagon. Dodge was out to hype its latest pickup even if it took a nitro-burning blown Hemi to do it.

In 1998 the Hemi was reintroduced as a crate engine, and the promotion went the other way: Mopar Performance was working on kits to stuff the big Elephant into little Dakota trucks. And certainly you recall the Hot Rod Hemi truck, a 528ci crate-engined, flamed Dakota built to glorify the introduction of the Quad Cab body style for '99.

It seemed like moments later when the Dodge folks hit us with the next one: "There's gonna be an all-new-body-style Ram truck for 2002. We need Hot Rod's take." And they insisted we take another 610hp Mopar Performance crate Hemi. Why argue? This time it'll supplant the single-overhead-cam Next Magnum 4.7L V-8 that comes standard in the Next Ram, the newest generation of Dodge Ram 1500 trucks. We dropped off the Hemi and a shortbed truck at So-Cal Speed Shop, and under the wrench of project leader Rick Pearmain, it became the tire-roasting monster the Dodge brand team had hoped for. The Hot Rod Hemi Ram made it's debut at the Daytona 500 in February, just after Dodge's announcement at the Chicago Auto Show that the all-new 5.7L Hemi engine will be available in the next Ram 2500 and 3500 heavy-duty trucks.

So there you have it, another dream truck and another glimmer that perhaps the production-line Hemi will become reality. With a 528ci Elephant? We doubt it. But at least we have one. Look here for the build highlights, then come back soon and you'll see this thing make tire fire.

Man, does it sound wicked.

ENGINE BACKGROUND:
The Hemi of choice for the '02 Ram is the Mopar Performance PN 4876690 that sells for about $13,000. It's the 528ci unit (4.500x4.150 bore and stroke) that makes 610 hp and 650 lb-ft on 10.25:1 compression with Mopar Performance aluminum heads atop a brand-new Hemi block. It comes complete as seen with the M1 dual-plane intake. We tried to swap Mopar's new crossram onto it, but couldn't get it to fit cleanly under the cowl of the Next Ram. These valve covers are the very first of an all-new "Mopar Hemi" design that will soon be on all the 528ci Hemi crate engines.

Steve
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

If that 528 is 610HP, why is your only 505, did you guy putt a weaker cam in it?? Or what happend.
Hemidakota

Post by Hemidakota »

MG42pillbox wrote:If that 528 is 610HP, why is your only 505, did you guy putt a weaker cam in it?? Or what happend.
The statement refer to the SRT-10 Ram truck. This engine potentional is in the 700s HP range. It was also put in the Dakota Quad Cab by RadRods. The engine was dynoed at 710 HP (using a TB unit vice carb).

With the change over in the 8.3ltr to the new Hemi V-10, it is currently being tested at 700-800 HP range.
Steve
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

uhhhh there isnt going to be a Hemi V10. And thank God that D.C. wouldnt make that kinda mistake.
My own experience. Here
Average V-10 truck gets 6 to 8,mpg, and thats honest. some got 6, and some got 11, because the driver babied it. I think most claims were exaggerated and got worse mpg than what they said they did. The Vipers were in and out man, I would recognize the same ones come in twice in 1 week. They Pinged, they farted, they fell flat on their face, engine lights on here and there. common Stalling even..... And I have scene 4 BLOWN UP Viper V-10s. Lets compare. I worked at the Dealer for 3 years have scene 1,000 5.9/52 Rams come and go. 1 Blown 5.9 motor. I saw 150 Vipers come and GO. 4 blown v-10s. You compare the % difference.... They are not worth their weight in salt. And they sound worse than a 4 Banger with open exhaust. I went into that dealer 5 years ago loving V-10s in trucks and Vipers. Then I learned alot of things. leaving that dealer I know better to even get close to a V-10 truck and would only take a Viper for Free to sell it for an Old Mopar. I shouldnt even mention the Dodge wannabes, but Ford Smaller OHC valve clattering V-10s dont even get 10mpg HAHA. what a joke. A 5.9 With a big cam and ported heads not only gets more power than the V-10 truck, but better gas mileage as-well. I drove over a dozen V10 trucks. NOT ONE Impressed me with its take off!!!! Just pathetic. Not to mention thank God people are smart enough not to buy them. Worst selling truck motor ever. One Day Chrysler will rid of them thankfully, and I will pardon them 100% Chrysler can, and will do much better in the future. If you do the research you find out the truth thankfully It was right in front of my face. To be exact and honest I only worked around the Viper stalls for half a year. Who knows what more carnage I would have scene if I worked any longer. The V-10 is not only more expensive to make, Less economical than the V-8 Design and doesnt utalize power as efficiantly, It also sounds horrible.... (Very un-American). If they did make a V10 Hemi I would be very disappointed/ Real mopar is too good for that euro trash sounding crap. :evil:
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

Also Realize that people can buy a HEMI ram, throw on a Kenny Bell blower, and not only be faster but have 10 to 15K left over.... And get Much better mileage than the SRT10 Truck. 8)
Hemidakota

Post by Hemidakota »

MG42pillbox wrote:uhhhh there isnt going to be a Hemi V10. And thank God that D.C. wouldnt make that kinda mistake.
My own experience. Here
Average V-10 truck gets 6 to 8,mpg, and thats honest. some got 6, and some got 11, because the driver babied it. I think most claims were exaggerated and got worse mpg than what they said they did. The Vipers were in and out man, I would recognize the same ones come in twice in 1 week. They Pinged, they farted, they fell flat on their face, engine lights on here and there. common Stalling even..... And I have scene 4 BLOWN UP Viper V-10s. Lets compare. I worked at the Dealer for 3 years have scene 1,000 5.9/52 Rams come and go. 1 Blown 5.9 motor. I saw 150 Vipers come and GO. 4 blown v-10s. You compare the % difference.... They are not worth their weight in salt. And they sound worse than a 4 Banger with open exhaust. I went into that dealer 5 years ago loving V-10s in trucks and Vipers. Then I learned alot of things. leaving that dealer I know better to even get close to a V-10 truck and would only take a Viper for Free to sell it for an Old Mopar. I shouldnt even mention the Dodge wannabes, but Ford Smaller OHC valve clattering V-10s dont even get 10mpg HAHA. what a joke. A 5.9 With a big cam and ported heads not only gets more power than the V-10 truck, but better gas mileage as-well. I drove over a dozen V10 trucks. NOT ONE Impressed me with its take off!!!! Just pathetic. Not to mention thank God people are smart enough not to buy them. Worst selling truck motor ever. One Day Chrysler will rid of them thankfully, and I will pardon them 100% Chrysler can, and will do much better in the future. If you do the research you find out the truth thankfully It was right in front of my face. To be exact and honest I only worked around the Viper stalls for half a year. Who knows what more carnage I would have scene if I worked any longer. The V-10 is not only more expensive to make, Less economical than the V-8 Design and doesnt utalize power as efficiantly, It also sounds horrible.... (Very un-American). If they did make a V10 Hemi I would be very disappointed/ Real mopar is too good for that euro trash sounding crap. :evil:
Your assumption is totally incorrect. DCX is currently testing the V-10 Hemi as we speak. NA output is reported over 700HP.

For those who into performance don't really care about the gas mileage. It is performance is the prime requirement.

Your analogy is misinform. I can take a mild V-10 engine and add two twin turbo with 6PSI and get 840 at the rear wheel. No matter how you look at it, nothing beats displacement. Maybe that is why the Japanese cars have been gaining liter size since the last four years. 8)
Steve
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

Wow I expected Better from Chrysler, Thats pathetic, Those thing sound like Eurotrash motors. They wont sell just like the first V10s, When I was at the dealer You could hardly even give them away,hehe, And If its a motor like that in wich only the rich can afford I really dont care for it at all, Because Im into realistic power that the average joe can offord any motor that costs 15K is gonna be amazing.... I dont care how much power it can get when it sounds like a joke and gets half the gas mileage, (Yea I will fill up my Truck every block). (Hahah worthless) Again the V10s dont utilize power like the V8s I have scene small block 360s with only 420hp in Darts smoke vipers down the 1.4. mile, And if its all about displacement they need to make a big block V-8 Hemi, .... v10 are for rich hot shots who dont even know how to change their own oil, If DC makes a HEMI v10 I bet its for concept only. just to say they did it, Witch is ok. (if it production I will just lose interest,). But when I see the little 5.7 Hemi Super charged it has a capability of 700hp as well, with reduced compression ratio, raised boost and bigger cam. Now that would be sick. And again only the rich will buy them, and I bet they will have as many problems as the current V10s. I might be wrong about a HEMI v10, but I know it will be a dud juat like the current truck V10. I have scene even cast-iron v10s on dragsters,.. compared to 500 wedges, They got smoked. I know from personal experience with the v10s so cant change those facts. My god I have scene 4.7s get 1000hp twin turbo, "Im not disrespecting you at all man", I am just speaking from personal experience, I went in working for Dodge loving the V10, when I left I knew the truth. Its something I hope DC will grow out of. Sh*t and now you can have a 520hp Tow truck, (HEMI with a Kenny bell on it). and still have alot extra $ left And get double the mileage. Why not get a Cummins for a tow truck. I have scene the 500+hp and 1000lbs of torque, The new v10 truck is 13.8 1/4 mile.. Thats slow in my book. I have scene cummins get low 12s. If you found better #s let me know, But I did find out the SRT10s initial 1/4 mile time was way off. I also had the privilege of being around a local drag racing team. But anyway dont take this into offence, its just the facts that I have come across rather they are making one or not.
Last edited by MG42pillbox on Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mnc2886

Post by mnc2886 »

This is my first post, just incase your curious to why you haven't seen me yet. I do have to agree that displacement means alot, but a hemi V10 would not enthuse me. The hemi is and always should be a V-8. I do agree that a V-8 sounds meaner than a V-10, but if I have a 12 second truck with the only thing I have bought is a bed cap, then I could care less about the fact that a V-8 is a little deeper pitched. As far as gas milage, I have to disagree with you. First of all, with the fuel injection systems that are currently in the vipers, gas milage is not hurt by the fact that they are 10 cylinders, or by the fact that the engine is 505 cubic inches. The SRT-10 has been reported by several dealerships that I have asked, by another website, forgot the name, to get almost 20 mpg on the highway, and 10 in the urban areas. If I am not mistaken, the hemi ram of the same size gets 14-18. So, basically, the same. Now, to even mention ford in this is of no relevance. Ford sucks, and always will suck. Their engineers will always be behind someone else. And one last thing about the V-10 ford, it is a deisel if I am not mistaken(and so is the dodge, then again, I am not 100% sure on that), and those do sound horrible, not to mention the trucks they are usually in are one, 4X4's (uses more gas than 2X4, even when not is 4 wheel drive), and two, the trucks weigh a hell of a alot more than a viper truck, not to mention weaker. I have read that the viper truck has the best horsepower to weight ratio there is, therfore, effective gas milage. To go back to the take offs. The V-10's that were in trucks were meant for towing, there for the transmission is designed to move heavy weight effectively with a evenly spread out pull, not to hall butt from the starting line, the viper truck on the contrair is designed to take off. As far as pricing with supercharging the 5.7L hemi. You may run at the most a half a second faster with 4 mpg less, not to mention that the 345 hemi is new. And we all know that with something new, something always goes wrong in the first year of production, and the viper engine has been around for quite a while. So, go ahead and supercharge a 345 hemi. Yes, it will be awesome, yes you will beat a viper truck, but the viper truck will hit 60 quicker and get better mpg. As much as I like the 345 hemi, it can't touch a viper. And by the way, if you take twin ball-bearing turbos with the hennessy intercooler and computer setup, you'll spend just $1000 more than the Kenne Bell charger, but the twin turbos set up for the viper engine came out with these numbers: 1092 horsepower and 1150 lbs of torque. By the time you get a 345 hemi to spit out numbers of that caliber, you've spent more than a $50,000 in total, which is $5000 more than the fully loaded SRT-10, not to mention, your mpg would be about 3.
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

I would take some of your ideas seriously if you knew what you were talking about. But you have not researched at all, I worked for Chrysler for 3 years son. the Viper itself average 13 to 15Mpg, The trust Ave is 10 to 15 wrong again, and what you really made you mistake on is saying the the ford V10 is a diesel. (No its not) and neither is Dodges V10. Thats ridiculous, and um the 310hp Dodge v10 got average of 11mpg why would a bigger more powerful v10 get better Mpg? (sigh) The weight isnt enough. And your final mistake is saying the Super Charger will hurt the gas mileage of the HEMI Truck, Wrong again Under normal driving conditions it actually increases the mph. but when the higher RPMs are applied it will get maybe 2mpg less...... (sigh) you have a long way to go bud. start doing some research man. One would have much more money left over with the SC KB Hemi set up. And what the Hell are you talking about the Viper 2Turbo, Those jobs cost 20 to 40K sometimes, A KBell Scharger is at-most 5K And I was never talking about the Viper in the first place, I have scene 60s Mopar muscle mop the floor with them man. 150K 10 Second Viper VS.25K 9 Second Plymouth Rat Trap.... but anyway Im talking trucks, And my words come from personal experience from working for D.C. please take greater care into your information before you post next time. And the Dodge diesel is an Inline 6 cylinder Cummins witch have proven 2 be much more effective than any v10 truck, But yes Hemis should stay V8s, Oh I forgot, The Kbell SC, Hemi would also kill the v10 truck in 0 to 60, that motor will rev much faster. But yes your right, ford sucks.....
StangN

Post by StangN »

wow who has that much money to waste? i think we're way off topic. a blown 5.7 hemi would be a sweet ride period. probably cost you around $5,000 which isnt too far out of many peoples reaches. but who really cares if it would outrun a $50k v-10 dodge srt-10? can we leave it at that?
mnc2886

Post by mnc2886 »

Atleast we agree that the ford sucks, but saying that I haven't done research really over steps it when I know for a fact that a viper gts gets 20 mpg, at that has less horsepower to weight ratio. And the twin turbos them selves only cost $3500, not sure about the rest, but I doubt $40,000. Maybe 15, if someone does the work for you, and you get a warranty, but even then, you over pay. Now saying that a bigger V-10 will only hurt the gas milage isn't necessarily true, especially when the V-10 is all alluminum, and it has more power with less compression. And saying that a super charger would help your mpg is ridiculous. Anytime you force more air into an engine, you burn even more fuel. Simple well know fact. Why do you think that the lightining gets 3-4 mpg less than the regular f-150 with the 333 in it. And anyone who makes a drag racer out of a viper, and only gets a 10 second car isn't very bright. The hennessy viper, whichs cost $160,000 runs 8.93 stock. As far as desiel and gas, if you read, you see that I said I didn't know for sure. And while we are on the ford v-10, if you add a turbo you increase the horsepower to the right amount to get 10% better gas milage. Which is proof that the reason for bad mpg is that there is too much weight for suck little power. As far as a muscle car whipping a viper. All I can say is der. Of course it does. Carbureted engine have massive air flow, fuel injection can't come close to it. So yea, of course they would, but who in their right mind would want a daily vehicle that is a blown carbureted engine. And one other thing about the viper. They are geared for top speed, not 1/4 mile. The gearing is not set for exceptionally quick acceleration, it is set to red line a little bit later so it can reach a top speed. A drag car will never top out on the track, and if it did, the gearing is too close and the time suffered for it. And not only is the viper meant to top out, so is the viper truck. So, why not change the gearing for drag racing. I'll bet it will run 12 flat, maybe even upper 11, but then again, we wont know for sure until we try it. As far as saying that a supercharged hemi can beat a viper truck in 0-60, there is no way to for sure tell. But ya know what, I doubt that the hemi truck will hit 60 in less than 5 seconds, especially since the supercharger will take a second to really kick in. I'd also like to mention that if you supercharge your hemi, you completely mess up the computer system. As far as money goes, I agree, hemi all the way, but as far as 1/4 goes, SRT-10 all the way. I love the hemi, but I would take the viper truck since it would have about the same amount of power as a blown 345, better mpg, and I would still have my warranty. As far as money goes, $45,000 for FULLY LOADED is not a ball breaking price for a 12 second ride with all the advantages of a truck (and I would never get a fully loaded truck), and I forgot to mention that the viper truck slaloms at 70 mph, quicker than the american favorite z06 vette. I'd like to see the suspension setup on the ram 1500 do that. I don't wish to start a fued, I am just stating my opinion and the facts I know, and oh, check this link out. That isn't the first site to say 20 mpg.

http://www.fast-autos.net/dodge/dodgevipersrt10.html
Last edited by mnc2886 on Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
mnc2886

Post by mnc2886 »

And one last thing, and I mean no offense what so ever in this, but saying you have worked for chrysler for 3 years really means nothing me. Ya know what they say, the higher the monkey climbs up the tree, the more you see of its butt.

P.S. I mean no offense.
StangN

Post by StangN »

With a turbo if you stay in vaccum you dont use "much" more fuel than if the turbo want even there. A centrifugal or roots blower "unlike the Mercedes clutch style" is going to draw a measureable amount of power at all rpms.
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

StangN, no thats my point you dont understand, I guess when you see it in person you will.... The V10 truck isnt that fast.... 13.8 1/4 mile..... Thats hardly impressivewith that big of a motor. the point being, under exact comparison in truck wheel base tire size weigh and gear ratio. the KB Blown HEMI "will beat it"......... and no the V10 truck (SRT10) starts a 55K ,, =) what a joke. antway the KeenyBell blower in comparison to MPG VS other blowers is better), it takes less force to work than just about any direct fir FI blower, And no the MPG under normal conditions is better, this has been expressed many times by many difference consumers. And again ... My God mnc2886, you have no credibility by saying so many incorrect things over and over again. Not to mention your analogy is completely irrelevant because your on the ground and I can see your butt, Dude, You ideas are so far off its amazing, I dont care what snow ballers you think you have for an information source, but they are making you look pathetic man. Dude read a book on a few of these subjects... Please, or do somthing. Dude,.. And DUUUHHHH hennessy vipers arent STOCK. No matter if they come off an asemply line or not, A real stock Viper is what Dodge is selling as Avertized, (PERIOD) Ah yea and 160K no big deal I will just pull that right out from under my bed...... my God man, and again you say it gets more power with less compression???? HAHAHAHAHA More compression actually helps Gas mileage, a motor like that would really get less MPG, The Compression factor has been proven in such motors such as the Cadillac 500, in 1970 it was 10 to 1 and got 12 MPH in 1974 it was 8 to 1 with much less power and got 8 MPG... Hello?????? The new SRT V10 isnt going to be much worse than the current V10 in gas mileage. My point is that the MPG in the normal V10 are already so bad, any worse is ridiculous. Please again do some research before you post again. Compression power is making is easy for the engine to operate unlike throwing more fuel in for power..... My God man, And aren't you the one who thinks that the Dodge V-10 is a diesel? Again man, you are really digging yourself a hole, I can lead a horse to water but I cant make it drink, When you denounce statements with no factual information at all you are going beyond ignorant and entering a level of stupidity., Please again. Please read up on these subjects. And again 45K fully loaded SRT10??? Ok why did Dodge just tell me 55K??? Well anyway thats not an issue Even 45K is too much for that piece of crap motor. Again If you dont take the statments seriously from somone that actually work with and around vipers for a few years, No wonder you dont know your butt from a hole in the ground...... And gain you thought the v10 Dodge was a diesel, Oh yea im sure all of your stments are just as true,.... Where the hell do you hear these thing..... You have broken the record man.... WOW
Last edited by MG42pillbox on Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

Adn yes StangN you are right about the turbo, same goes for most S.C.
Hemidakota

Post by Hemidakota »

StangN wrote:With a turbo if you stay in vaccum you dont use "much" more fuel than if the turbo want even there. A centrifugal or roots blower "unlike the Mercedes clutch style" is going to draw a measureable amount of power at all rpms.
Yes...maybe this is why DCX went with the turbo package on the SRT-4 vice the SC concept test.

There is barely or no turbo lag with the current Mitsu T-04N version.

Also, power on demand if under WOT (meshing the pedal), when it comes to fuel consumption or cruising, the standard fuel average.
Last edited by Hemidakota on Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Hemidakota

Post by Hemidakota »

MG42pillbox wrote:I would take some of your ideas seriously if you knew what you were talking about. But you have not researched at all, I worked for Chrysler for 3 years son. the Viper itself average 13 to 15Mpg, The trust Ave is 10 to 15 wrong again, and what you really made you mistake on is saying the the ford V10 is a diesel. (No its not) and neither is Dodges V10. Thats ridiculous, and um the 310hp Dodge v10 got average of 11mpg why would a bigger more powerful v10 get better Mpg? (sigh) The weight isnt enough. And your final mistake is saying the Super Charger will hurt the gas mileage of the HEMI Truck, Wrong again Under normal driving conditions it actually increases the mph. but when the higher RPMs are applied it will get maybe 2mpg less...... (sigh) you have a long way to go bud. start doing some research man. One would have much more money left over with the SC KB Hemi set up. And what the Hell are you talking about the Viper 2Turbo, Those jobs cost 20 to 40K sometimes, A KBell Scharger is at-most 5K And I was never talking about the Viper in the first place, I have scene 60s Mopar muscle mop the floor with them man. 150K 10 Second Viper VS.25K 9 Second Plymouth Rat Trap.... but anyway Im talking trucks, And my words come from personal experience from working for D.C. please take greater care into your information before you post next time. And the Dodge diesel is an Inline 6 cylinder Cummins witch have proven 2 be much more effective than any v10 truck, But yes Hemis should stay V8s, Oh I forgot, The Kbell SC, Hemi would also kill the v10 truck in 0 to 60, that motor will rev much faster. But yes your right, ford sucks.....
Yes and no on your remarks concerning beating a V-10. You can apply the same setup with a V-10 and you are still ahead of the Hemi motor in performance.

Fuel mileage? Who cares. My truck is a 5.7 ltr and it gets around 10-11 MPG in the city.

Let give some advice here....as I did when someone at the five-star dealership, a claimed Cert mechanic for the SRT program quote: I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON CHRYSLER CARS FOR 19 YEARS NOW. I SHOULD KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT....blah blah blah.

Anyway, it was P1023 cel code (sticky idle). Talked to the original PVO engineer and he explained the fixed, since it happened on the SRT under test. I gave him the solution to fix the problem and the DICKHEAD, I WORK FOR BLAH BLAH BLAH...didn't want to hear of it.

Who had the last laugh? I did...but the great disappointment was, it could of been a owner whom DCX would never seen again. Sad...as the service manager kept apologizing up and down. 8)

Not problem with your comments...though, I am not GOD or a AUTO GURU and never will be in this ever changing automotive market.

The point is, as a muscle car owner (my first car at 15 years old in AZ, was a 750 HP 69 Chevelle SS), part time drag racer, and owner of several vehicles, from a lame Geo Tracker to a 8s Ford Twin-Turbo Stang, if there is information to be shared I will do it. There is nothing worse in purchasing a vehicle and within four months, something comes out that is better.

My goal in life is to learn and apply. Then help others in this process.

However, little tidbit though, it is nice to have someone on the inside, who has connection to all the programs DCX/PVO/AMG is currently working on and that includes engine developement.

Take it for what it is worth, my friend.
Steve
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

Hey HEMIDak, You know I wasn't talking about your credibility... Im talking about this other kid mnc2886.(guy needs help) ... But anyway, yea your completely right, the thing is, a V8 of exact displacement will kill the V10, I don't know how to describe it. But they do not utilize power efficiently man, its liked they lagged for 1 reason or another. Anyway Wow man those MPG are not good a new Hemi truck, my 01 5.9 Ex cab Off Road pack averages 11 to 14.. And I do have a lead foot. But anyways, what does you insider tell you about the future of the Gas Powered Motor for the HD Dodge Trucks, As far as keeping the V10 or no, or making a new/bigger HEMI, Im just not interested in motors that are not only very costly and fragile. Not to mention pathetic sounding..... At the dealer those motors were having problems left and right man. If it had atleast a few good quallities I would sacrifiece the pathetic noise for a good motor. Please inform me of any possible future V8s for D.C. later
StangN

Post by StangN »

What was your twin turbo mustang setup? Im building a 351W TT in my spare time.
mnc2886

Post by mnc2886 »

I can't help what dodge told you, they told me different. Again, just cause you have worked for chrysler for 3 years again, means nothing. And 13.8, yea, without a bed cover, if you read the other page it ran 12.9 on average with a bed cap. Whoops, wrong again my friend, and since you have been proven wrong, you hang on the fact that I was wrong about a deisel, even though I said I wasn't sure. And your response to my analogy makes me think your a special olympics gold medalist, even though you stood in place during the race. And saying you worked around vipers for awhile is again, no reference. Have you talked to anyone that has had one, maybe, but you were probably too busy staring into his eyes, lost in lust. Quit acting like a gear head when you probably burn your self changing the oil.