wiring a denso alternator & A/C compressor

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

47dodgetruck

wiring a denso alternator & A/C compressor

Post by 47dodgetruck »

I have a 2006, 6.1 Hemi (stock) out of a wrecked Charger. I am installing it into a 1947 Dodge Truck. I am using American Autowire Highway 22 series kit. There are two small wires out of the back of the Denso alternator, one is black and one is brown. Can anybody tell me where to connect these wires? Also, on the A/C compressor there are two wires, one is blue/yellow and the other is black. Can anybody tell me where to connect these wires to my kit?

These are some of the numbers off of the Denso alternator: 04896 805AB 421000-0343 46588

Any help will be appreciated.

Craig
392heminut

Re: wiring a denso alternator & A/C compressor

Post by 392heminut »

The two alternator wires go to the two terminals on a stock Mopar electronic voltage regulator, doesn't make any difference which wire goes to which terminal, but one terminal wire will also have to have a 12 volt power wire T'd into it (again, doesn't make any difference which one) that is only hot when the ignition switch is on. You then run an 8 gauge wire from the threaded terminal on the alternator to the positive terminal on your battery and you're good to go for your charging system! It's a pretty simple system and works great, I've been running this setup on the 5.7 Hemi in my Cuda for 2 years now. I can't help you on the A/C stuff, my Cuda doesn't have A/c and I've never hooked up the compressor.

P.S. Make sure the voltage regulator has a good ground wherever you mount it.
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda
47dodgetruck

Re: wiring a denso alternator & A/C compressor

Post by 47dodgetruck »

Thanks a lot for the help.

Does anybody know about the A/C?