hemi 5.7 chips or programmers

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

ricco1969

hemi 5.7 chips or programmers

Post by ricco1969 »

hi everyone its my first time posting
just would like to know if anyone knows if there are any chips or programmers on the market. and does anyone have any experiece with this type of stuff.and if there are any other options for horse power gains .
should i also be using high octane gas
8)
scottm

Post by scottm »

viewtopic.php?t=413

JET is supposedly going to have one in late Sept.
SuperChips and Mopar say they're months away.
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

Go with Mopar, the rest is trash. I know some people that say their trucks ran better without the Jet chips on 5.2s and 5.9s
One whose life is Infecting others with Falsehood, shall fall greater than any of their Victims.
cgk

Post by cgk »

i heard jet chips are trash.
i wouldnt expect a superchip or hypertech programmer any time soon maybe jan 04.
but it wouldnt hurt to email all the chipmakers once a week or more
fast5800pdhemi

Post by fast5800pdhemi »

Jet chips are junk i put one in my 99 dodge with the 318 5.2 liter and it didnt make a darn bit of difference! This is why i am going to wait for hypertech for my hemi
lisn2me2

Post by lisn2me2 »

i have the jet installed and contrary to anyone's comments on what a waste of money they are should read this post...........

anyone who has the hemi knows that even though the engine is a beast we are severely limited by a poorly performing torque converter and badly programmed transmission. thus in a 4 x 4 qc putting a peak of only about 250HP to the rear wheels.
even though programmers can change many parameters of a vehicles pcm tighter emission laws are making it less appealing for companies to produce programmers. to boot the hemi computer is one of the most complex pcm in existance.
even though airflow is one of the most popular upgrades in most vehicles, without properly adjusted air fuel ratios, more air can have varying results. some good , some bad,

the hemi definetly benefits across the throttle board with headers and exhaust and at mid to wo throttle with an intake
but the other things we need to make a significant difference is better shifting, a higher rpm for tranny to engage at wot

the torque management mod for 03 helps in the shiftinf category

SO DOES THE JET is advances the timing, raises shift points, lets the engine do more in its powerband of 2500-3000 rpm.

thought it does not like other product change any major engine parameters what it does change is what the hemi is in deed of most

higher torque and more agressive shifting

SORRY JUST MY $.02

I have read so many posts bashing jet i love what the stage 2 has done for ONE HOT HEMI!!!!!
03bluehemiqc

New Jet CJip for Ram Hemi

Post by 03bluehemiqc »

I have to agree. I just bought one. I will probably only use it until the release of the Hypertech programmer. It works quite well. The Jet chip does not offer all the features of the Hypertech, but I can definitely tell the difference in shift points and torque, not to mention a noticeable horse increase. If you don't want one, don'tm buy it, but it is currently the only pcm chip or programmer out for the new Hemi, and it works as it says it will on the website! :D
mopar muscle 21

Post by mopar muscle 21 »

lisn2me2...................do you have a 160* or 180* t-stat to run w/ with the stage 2 chip? If so, where did you get it? Thanks.
03 Hemi
MAC cai, Jet stage 2 chip
scottm

Post by scottm »

Appears that some guys are testing the Superchips PCM.
So far, the speed limiter moved higher (or removed) and
they are revving beyond 6000 rpm. Laying rubber in 2nd.

Maybe the Superchips PCM is coming soon... ?! :D
scottm

Post by scottm »

scottm wrote:Maybe the Superchips PCM is coming soon... ?! :D
I spoke too soon. I just read that they are having a delay.
Currently word is now August for the 2003 with the 2004 to
follow a couple months afterward. This chip better be good!
hemifever

Post by hemifever »

Diablo supposedly has cancelled developments for now. I was holding out for the Predator, guess I'm back to the superchips now.
1971 Plymouth Cuda - 451 stroker
2003 QC 4x4 Dodge Hemi - STS Turbo, KRC 6005 heads & rods, Ross pistons, 6.1L crank & cam, ARP main/head studs, JBA headers, SMT6, APS converter: 575rwtq/492rwhp @ 9psi
2005 Chrysler 300c
RAMBS

Dodge PCM

Post by RAMBS »

I read on another site that the Dodge 2004 Hemi PCM will adjust for the octane of the gas you are using? Can this be true? There is so much to re-learn after a 20 year hiatus from the performance scene. I hope someone out there can educate me at to just what the Dodge PCM will or won't do?

Also, there was some talk about a Dodge HP PCM that can be ordered from the factory? I checked at my local dealer and the guy at the desk just gave me that Duha look?
2004 QC Hemi SLT, two tone grey & silver, All emblems, numbers etc. but the Hemi GONE!, 3.92 posi, 20" chrome wheels, K&N FIPK with duct to fog lamp blank in the bumper, Areo Turbine exaust and Fiberglass topper with seamless windows
scottm

Post by scottm »

Someone's been told the Superchips programmer should
add 21-hp and 34-ft/lbs and it is going to cost about $465.
Availability was stated as early July.

We shall find out for sure pretty soon!
hemifever

Post by hemifever »

Don't forget that the $465 price is MSRP. Dealers will be much less. I just ordered one for $315. It's still considered backordered but when it's avail for shipping I'll be getting it.
1971 Plymouth Cuda - 451 stroker
2003 QC 4x4 Dodge Hemi - STS Turbo, KRC 6005 heads & rods, Ross pistons, 6.1L crank & cam, ARP main/head studs, JBA headers, SMT6, APS converter: 575rwtq/492rwhp @ 9psi
2005 Chrysler 300c
Griz

Post by Griz »

I preordered mine for somewhere around $300 as well. Only it was so long ago that I forgot I much I paid. Got my JBA headers on with Volant CAI and need the programmer to add the finishing touches
MEANGENE75

Post by MEANGENE75 »

i just put the jet chip on mine. cant tell you if it made a difference, never drove it without it. truck has 52 miles on it now. plan on doing some strip testing once it hits around 1000 miles. probably do some 0-60 as well. post results later......
04 hemi, sc, sport, red, 3.92 posi, 22" wheels, flowmaster cat back, mopar long tube headers, srt 10 hood, mopar cod air,cold air duct, hypertech, ground force drop, sirius radio, momo sub, tint, 180 thermostat, silverstar lamps, mopar bed cover.
gtopercy

SUPER CHIP

Post by gtopercy »

where are you guys buying these for around $300 ?
anyone know when the '04 Dodge Ram Hemi super chip is coming out ?
thx,
Percy's Pontiac Parts
Web Page: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gtopercy
email: gtopercy@comcast.net
'04 Dodge Ram QC 4x4 solar yellow
Flowmaster cat back
K&N air filter and box