I disabled Torque Management Request (TMR)

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

epg3

I disabled Torque Management Request (TMR)

Post by epg3 »

It seems to have nothing but positive effects!

1-2 and 2-3 shifts are more firm. (1-2 will chirp tires at times)

Engine power feels stronger from idle to WOT (wide open throttle)

No check engine light!

-epg3
THEKNEEBITER

Post by THEKNEEBITER »

How do you remove the pin without doing any damage? i found the harness and the wire and i am able to unplug the harness at the pcm. but how do you remove the wire without cutting it?
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

epg3 Sick Info
One whose life is Infecting others with Falsehood, shall fall greater than any of their Victims.
THEKNEEBITER

Post by THEKNEEBITER »

anybody out here?? :lol:
rcimp

Post by rcimp »

Go to "http://www.dodgetrucks.org/forums/viewf ... 1c5ce7577a" there is a whole thread on this with pictures and everything you need to do this mod. Look for Torque Management. Sorry 4.7L guys, this is onlt for the 3.7L and Hemi guys.
1956_DeSoto

torque management link

Post by 1956_DeSoto »

This should bring up the thread, which has over 300 messages:

http://www.dodgetrucks.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35358
1956_DeSoto

Here is how one person disabled torque management

Post by 1956_DeSoto »

I removed the No. 7 pin from the bottom connector on my PCM which is the Yellow w/Dark Green stripe (TMR). It does the same thing as the 'switch' with one exception, you don't have to shift with the gear selector :D It put a big smile on my face the first time I punched it form a stop and burnt rubber (something I only dreamed about before).

The 1-2 shift firmed up quite a bit, and it wasn't as hesitant to downshift at speed. It is really easy to remove this from the connector, and I am thiking up a way to install a switch/relay combo to control this at will. But I am also going to wait until I switch to synthetics at the 15K mark (@ 9500 now).

Hopefully someone else will confirm my findings, I am so excited to finally get some of what I was expecting from the HEMI!!!!!!
1956_DeSoto

Some more info on disabling torque management

Post by 1956_DeSoto »

No trouble lights yet in the week I've had it disconnected. The Next Gen Controller (PCM) is located on the firewall on the passenger's side, behind the airbox. On the 5.7L the wire is on the bottom connector(C4), No. 7 Pin; and on the 3.7L it is on the next to the bottom connector(C3), No. 13 Pin. It is easier to get to if you remove the top of the air cleaner box.

The service manual shows only the 3.7 and 5.7 as having Torque Management connected between the PCM and TCM. And I don't beleive it is operating in Limp-Home mode either with this wire dis-connected. I am going to connect it back up until after I move to OKC in November (Don't need anything breaking when on the road with the family), and will hook up my version of the 'switch' after switching to synthetics.

The original 'switch' post is here:
http://www.dodgetrucks.org/forums/viewt ... c&start=15
This worked by removing powr from the whole TCM and in essence sending it into Limp-Home mode where you have to shift using the gear selector. Removing only the TMR wire allows everything else to work normally.
1956_DeSoto

This link has diagrams on how to disconnect the tm wire

Post by 1956_DeSoto »