Holy Hemis Batman!! Anyone Seen This Hemi-Wrangler Yet ???

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

MasAdelante

Holy Hemis Batman!! Anyone Seen This Hemi-Wrangler Yet ???

Post by MasAdelante »

I saw this the other night on a offroad forum... I search and couldn't find anything here so...

no... words.... could have... said a.... poet

and...

Thats an insane amount of power for such a small Jeep. I saw they are using a dana 60 rear, the 545 trans, hemi, 4.88 gears, and the forum said this company 'AEV' is doing more of these, this thing would take a corvette off the line (4.88!)

Just figured I'de share

=================
What is a fish with no eyes ??? a FSH
scottm

Post by scottm »

This is pretty interesting stuff (I am a big Jeep fan).

American Expedition Vehicles
http://www.aev-conversions.com/

AEV Hemi TJ Conversions

* Dealer Serviceable
* 5.9 sec 0-60
* Turn-Key Conversion
* Retain Factory Gauges, AC, Cruise, and Overdrive
* 5 Speed Auto - Double Overdrive Trans
* New Engines/Transmissions Available
* Warranty From AEV

This sounds like a pretty slick Wrangler conversion!
MasAdelante

Post by MasAdelante »

Yea, I was thinking about it... I dont think I've ever seen ANY V8 swap that had "Factory Gauges, AC, Cruise, and Overdrive" all togather. Not to mention that clean.

Usually its Guages but no AC... or AC but no guages and cruise or anything. Thats pretty impressive. Looks pretty well stuffed in there too :)

It looks like all stock wiring too... So either they didnt touch the Jeep wiring and that jeep doesnt run, they could have put all dodge wiring in (but 99% sure thats not it cause they say <b>Factory</b> Gauges, AC, etc etc), or they did a REALLY good job with the wiring (In which case my hat is off to them cause i suck at wiring.. big time).

Geez, I just read on thier site that the Hemi is only 57lbs more then the 4.0L it replaces! HA, 3lbs lighter then a supercharger for a 4.0...

Only drawback I see is that much power in that short of a wheelbase.
m15fwtnc

Post by m15fwtnc »

Something about the cost being $18,000!!! (http://www.thehemi.com/news.php?id=20031211-1). Sheesh Kenne Bell just released their blower, I think I would opt for that.
MasAdelante

Post by MasAdelante »

That Viper Jeep is OLD news. Like 98 or somthing isnt it ?

I dont find that NEARLY as cool as the Hemi. The viper looks like a very custom 1 off job, not a real world option.

I kinda doubt that Viper powered jeep has AC, all the guages work, ANYONE would warranty it, and it looks like a large portion of the grill was cut out to fit the radiator. Doesnt look as 'clean' as that Hemi. Oh and dont even mention the gas milage :P

The viper engine is over 700lbs. The hemi is 485. And according to that company, thier hemi swap is lighter then putting a supercharger on, plus you can run the cheap gas... which after spending 18k you might need to run the cheap stuff :lol:

But really, if you look at thier site its actually a 'good' deal (i guess for someone who either likes to double the value of thier car or who wants somthing the next doesnt or cant have).

Its more money then the supercharger, but i have a REALLY hard time beliving that a 4.0L with a blower giving 6lbs of boost is putting out anywhere near 290hp, if fact ken bell says its about 214hp, I am certain that other company 'avenger' is testing at the crank.

Hmmm,
20hp for $5500 + premium gas
or
170hp for $14,000* + having a HEMI!

(That company gives you your engine/trans and take off stuff to sell)

Here is the link to thier info
http://www.aev-conversions.com/CompareEngines.html