Liers at Ford

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

Alex@begnal

Liers at Ford

Post by Alex@begnal »

In 2003, when Dodge did the Ram launch, they had Fords and Chevys for us(dealership personal) to compare. Than, to show off the power the Hemi has, they towed a Ford F-150 all around the parking lot. It was a riot.
Now, I see the new F-150 ad on TV and they show the Ford plowing a field with a Dodge and a Silverado.
Then Ford goes on to brag about having the most HP in it's class.
SHAME ON YOU FORD!!!!
Once again, you distort the truth to the American truck buyer.
The Hemi will out preform the Ford in every aspect. The one thing the F-150 has over the Ram is has a roomier cab. That's it...the Ford is nice, but it's not a Ram, and it AINT got a Hemi!!!!

The best truck my butt! Why than does Ford offer a 3 year/36000 mile warranty. DiamlerChrysler has the 7/70.

Truck shoppers don't be fooled by Fords lies.
The Best Deals On Chrysler-Dodge Jeep Vehicles See Alex at Begnal's of Catskill
518-943-4440
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

Ford sucks, They have lied for 100 years, they will continue to lie and suck for another 100. Nothing but BS just as always......
One whose life is Infecting others with Falsehood, shall fall greater than any of their Victims.
venom123452001

Re: Liers at Ford

Post by venom123452001 »

:evil: I SHOULD HURT YOU. I LOVE MY FORD. sure hemis are strong but any one can tow it. If its not turned on. all a hemi really does is give you more fuel ecomy and a nice sound.i like the old hemis. the new ones are crap :evil:
BRENT POOL
HEAD OF ALL FORD QUESTIONS
Hemidakota

Post by Hemidakota »

I love the new hemi over the old one. Sizie for size, the new output the old with less compression.

As with Ford, I have to agree, the lie continues with the advertisements and some truck owners seemed to be duped by this. However, if you have watch over thelast year or so, Ram sales have eating away at all three trucks: Chevy, Ford, and Toyota...

Though...I own the pony car called the Stang until the Charger shows up.
Steve
Future Purchase: 2006 Charger SRT-8/2006 MegaCab 6.1 Hemi
"Coming soon 600HP SRT-10 to pull the SRT-4 & SRT-8 Charger to the track!"
kbuicker

Post by kbuicker »

How about the new commercial where it shows both 'Frod' and Hemi lined up with trailers... then screen goes black, "Over 180 Attempts".. [then it goes back to the trucks] and shows the Hemi totally outpulling the Ford.

Enough said. My opinion, Ford 150s are for women. :) They're trying to make it look larger than life, look how high the tailgate is, who's idea was that, and the 50lb rear tailgate logo, gimmie a break, you couldn't remove it if you tried it's inset into the tailgate, proving Ford doesn't pay attention to trends, they try to scream what kind of truck it is, even though the design has been around in their SUVs for years now, the truck will look dated VERY soon.

My brother in law has a F250, love it, he said he wouldn't want a Dodge cause they're too pretty. Oh well, one less redneck in a Hemi. :)
Kevin
kbuicker

Post by kbuicker »

HA! That's awesome Ram Dog! I was a 8 time Chevy owner before my Hemi, I don't think I'll go back either.. especially with the way they look now.
Kevin
panic

Post by panic »

Last edited by panic on Sat May 08, 2004 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
5SpeedHemi

Trucker oh ya

Post by 5SpeedHemi »

Thats if you want to be a trucker
03/ Silver 2500 QC/LB 4X4 Hemi 5 Speed Manual shift
panic

Post by panic »

Last edited by panic on Sat May 08, 2004 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
rami

Post by rami »

Either this guy is stuck in the 80's or that is how they do it in Long Island...I don't see that around here. In fact I don't see anyone else posting on here saying they have all that crap...Maybe he is looking in his own driveway.
2004 QC Sport, 20's, 3:92, Leather, Rhino Spray In Liner, Snugtop Snuglid, Add on XM radio tuner!
panic

Post by panic »

kbuicker

Post by kbuicker »

Okay "gentlemen", let's keep it civil, everyone entitled to post something, but let's not turn it into little girl's pulling each other's pigtails in the sandbox.
Kevin
panic

Post by panic »

Hemidakota

Post by Hemidakota »

panic wrote:"Maybe he is looking in his own driveway"
I'd say something to embarrass you, but you already have. Was that supposed to make some sort of sense?

I see you bought your toy - only 59 more payment to make, right? Is your name "Finance Company"? That IS what it says on the title, isn't it?
I made mine myself.

Stuck in the '80s? You mean before you were born?
St. Petersburg? Wow, that's almost like Hollywood, isn't it?
What a little weenie.
Let me laugh...it comes from a Yorker. I know, it sounds crued but let face it, you don't own a truck or plan to own a truck.

Since truck base vehicles outsell the cars, what is your point?

I own my Hemi truck now what car do you drive? A Kia? How many payments left on your Kia?
Steve
cgk

Post by cgk »

i think the powerband of the new hemi is more suited to hi rpm use like hiway speed passing, racing etc.
its inherent lack of lowend tq puts it behind the ford which builds 80-90% of max tq at 1000 rpm whereas the hemi doesnt comealive until 3000 rpm.

so if you want a fast sporty excellent bang/buck truck get the hemi ram

but if you want a workhorse to tow with or haul heavy loads slowly around the farm or worksite the ford is more suited to that.
Hemidakota

Post by Hemidakota »

Let me stamp out that MYTH or claim by the weenies from the Ford truck (I still own a racing Stang from Roush so I can't complain to hard for now), I can do burn outs with the hemi truck in first and partially second gear.

My first gear is a mere 1-second shift. Most time around the town I shift from second from a stand still.

I can never get a new Ford owner to race their truck to do some real street action testing but some IDIOT with a 200HP to the rear lame wanna-be Toyota 7/8 size Tundra. Toyo are too easy to road kill...as with the weenie truck called a Tacoma. Gotta luv the hemi Dakota though.... no, it is not the 05 version (00 modded). :evil:
Last edited by Hemidakota on Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
panic

Post by panic »

Last edited by panic on Sat May 08, 2004 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hemidakota

Post by Hemidakota »

I was about to ask you the same; why even bother to post. Better yet, may I ask for a real name? Oh...that right….trolls don't really reveal themselves. They just float from board-to-board and offer no genuine information or helping hand. Is cynicism part of your paretic personality? Maybe be so.

Besides driving that wonderful Kia, what is your occupation? Still flipping those 100 percent ground beef burgers at McDonalds on 5th & Broadway? Let me offer some good advice: go play on the VTech board with the kiddies and stop embarrassing yourself here.

Yep! Like a usual TROLL, nothing surprises me as with your lack of reading comprehension. IMAHO: stick with flipping burgers so you can pay off the Kia four doors. :lol:

PS. The truck and motor are real. However, that is for real men not boys to drive.
Steve
HappyKillMore

Post by HappyKillMore »

Hey guys, since panic seems know everything, I suggest we all bow and worship him and his vastly superior intellect. We should all idolize him for his never having to finance a vehicle too.

Look at it objectively:
1) He knew that nearly all of us wanted to be long-haul truckers when we were growing up.
2) He knew that we all have all those extra lights, tin-foil roll bars, etc.
3) He knew that we all like to pretend.
4) He knew that most of us are 20 years old.
5) He knew that anyone else who says anything is rude.
6) He knew that engineers fix Xerox machines.

and most importantly:

7) He always knows that each of us is embarrassed by every post we make.

panic, you're my hero! I'm gonna sell my truck and build my own car with my own two hands, just so I can be like you. I'm gonna try to get that extra digit of IQ, just so I can think like you. I just don't think I'll ever be able to engage you in witty repartee though.

Can you control the gravitational constant too? How about Planck's constant? Avogadro's number? Rydberg's constant? Surely you can, since the entire universe revolves around you!

All hail panic!
panic

Post by panic »

Last edited by panic on Sat May 08, 2004 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hemidakota

Post by Hemidakota »

We had to wait to see what adjustments made to the next Ram refresh to determine any new output from the either the 5.7 or the next option engine.

Looking at the SEMA Ram with the changed out exhaust and intake the Ram was producing 385HP vice 345HP.

Anyone knows the difference or there was more to this story?
Steve