Spray in bed liner???

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

HEMI911

Spray in bed liner???

Post by HEMI911 »

For those of you interested in protecting the bed of your truck, I have the answer. I was about 30 minutes away from getting a rhinoliner spray in liner for my truck, and a friend of mine called to say that he just had his truck done with a different brand. He went on and on about how awesome it was so I went a checked out the brand he got. I must say he was right. I too had one put in my truck and love it.

What company is it you ask...Line-X. The quality is excellent and far better than rhino-liner. Trust me it is worth looking into if you are in the market for a bed liner. Total price for spray in liner w/ UV protection and tax was $450.
kbuicker

Post by kbuicker »

I got the TOFF brand, they sprayed it too thin at first, it actually chipped when a rock hit my tailgate.. took it back, they put another two coats on it, now it's nice and thick!! $340 or so.

I had a Rhino and LineX before, they all pretty much the same, just depends who wants the business :)
Kevin
HappyKillMore

Post by HappyKillMore »

I had a Toff put in at the dealership right after I bought it. No chips or scratches with wood, trees, or bricks. It's softer than a Rhino too.
rami

Post by rami »

I had a Rhino sprayed on and I must say that it is very oxidized already after just 4 months worth of FL sun. I guess I have to buy there renewal kit if I want it to look pretty. Seems like a rip off to me for $400.
2004 QC Sport, 20's, 3:92, Leather, Rhino Spray In Liner, Snugtop Snuglid, Add on XM radio tuner!
therocks

Post by therocks »

I have the line-x and after 6 months it still looks like the day they sprayed it . I am more then happy with it.
2004 1500 5.7 hemi sc,sb
1980 ram 150 built 360 od 4-speed sc,stepside
1962 chrysler 300 2-door hardtop 413 auto
kbuicker

Post by kbuicker »

Rami, if you run thru auto car washes, that would be your culprit (I've heard)...

The competition uses the 'fading' angle to down Rhino quality in their ads.
Kevin
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

I put Line-X in my Ford Truck which I had for 7 years. The stuff works pretty well. It can stain, but is pretty durable. I managed to break off only one small piece which was on a mounting bolt while shoveling dirt out of the bed. I put it in my Ram a few weeks ago.
rami

Post by rami »

What do you think about the car washes would it be? The spray wax? I do go to the drive through car wash here and there. Hmmm...???
2004 QC Sport, 20's, 3:92, Leather, Rhino Spray In Liner, Snugtop Snuglid, Add on XM radio tuner!
mtbenedict.ct@netzero.net

Line-X

Post by mtbenedict.ct@netzero.net »

I agress with the first post. I too checked into Rino, but I was at the Lake George Car show in NY and the linex guys were their and they took a sample of their product and sanded off part of the rino liner. I then when back to the camp ground we were staying at and a guy their had his done about 1 1/2 years before and he dosen't even use the bed of the truc kfro anything other than a fifth wheel hitch and it looked like it had been used and abused for years. A very dull finish, I had my Line-X done buy Andy in Saratoga - Very nice guy, excellent job and It was $440 out the dor under the rails with a $20 copon from line-x website. I have some referal cards that also can get you $20 bucks off. If any one is thinking about doing it and lives in or near Schenectady NY or are willing to drive, please email me at mtbenedict.ct@netzero.net and I will mail you a coupon with my info filled out on the back, it will get you $20 off and me a $20 rebate from Andy. Real class act guy I drove 1 1/2 hours from CT to get their. Andy is also the new rep for line-x so not only does he apply the liners he know works for them at their rep. The name of the place is Capital District Line-X. I would have done over the rail it is only a few bucks more but my mother had already bought me bush wacker bedrail caps for christmas. I brought the tailgate protector and Andy sparayed it to that the tailgate cap would fit nice.
Click Link Below to See My Truck:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... 48edc8.jpg

Thanks
Mike
Pvt_Hemi

Happy with Line-X...

Post by Pvt_Hemi »

I got my Line-X the day I picked up my truck. I'm very happy with the appearance and durablitiy. Gotta love the stuff...
2004 RAM 1500 REGULAR CAB SLT 4X2 SB
mudbug02

Line X by a mile

Post by mudbug02 »

I have seen samples of RhinoLinings and they look a bit chunky, so I went with Line X after meeting with some of the guys. They were some good ole boys who looked a bit dingy, but overall very professional. I was in and out in about 45 minutes and the job was exaclty what I wanted. A month of good use and it stills looks like the day I drove off the shop. It was only $375. Cheers to the site so we can all rant and rave about our great trucks!
2SLO4U

spray-in vs drop in

Post by 2SLO4U »

newbie hemi owner here - i have a small ranch and we do a bunch of work with fence poles and tree trimming. i have a drop-in liner now and am concerned with what might be happening underneath.

my question is: can you slide stuff in and out easily on the spray-in liners like you can with a drop in? i like being able to set an old 120+ lb pressure treated pole with fence wire and staple hanging out on the tailgate and slide it in and out with minimal effort - can you do that with a spray-in and not mark it up?
2003 1500 HEMI 2WD Laramie
1964 D100 426W High Performance Package
HappyKillMore

Post by HappyKillMore »

It really depends on the nature of the material you're sliding in the bed. I haven't had any problem sliding lumber, plywood, or MDF in my bed. Bricks don't really slide along the liner. A cardboard box with a heavy item in it won't slide nicely either. The new dryer I just brought home slid pretty well though. Fence poles? Probably slide OK, with some effort. I'd put the staples up though...

I don't know how all places treat their customers with respect to scrapes and gouges, but the dealership that put in my liner said they'd be happy to repair any scrapes or gouges I put in it for free. I haven't damaged it yet, so I haven't had to get it fixed. That's good becuase the dealership where I bought it is about 90 miles away!
2SLO4U

thanks!

Post by 2SLO4U »

i think i will stick with the drop-in for now (at least until the major fence work is done)

BTW - this truck is awesome! though it is not as fast thru the traps as my 64 was (it is currently in the process of being restored) the '03 sure handles well with the 20's on it - it feels like the dakota that i traded in on it, nimble and solid for a truck...
2003 1500 HEMI 2WD Laramie
1964 D100 426W High Performance Package