6 Laps with 2005 Dodge Magnum,

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

MG42pillbox

6 Laps with 2005 Dodge Magnum,

Post by MG42pillbox »

The Magnum Ride and drive opened my eyes to the compensation Dodge has now made due to not having a rear wheel drive Sedan for the last 20 years. I cant say enough about the Magnums road dominance, other than the fact that we were running circles around the Cadillac CTS. After driving it, all other cars just seem to be average. This car will impress even the most strict of picky enthusiasts. The ESP or Electronic stability program, putts all other cars to shame. And with all speed traction control system, you cant loose control, the car is smarter than you. And I drove the piss out of it, it sounded like the tires were about to fall off, but I couldnt get the rear end to come around.

With the ESP on, it is Impossible even on ICE... no matter what I did It wouldnt spin out or over lap around in any way. In order to demonstrate how big of a difference it really was. They had to completely dissconnect the relays to turn the ESP off 100%, if you simply turn it off with the switch inside the vehcal. It is only off by 50% and wont let you lose controle for more than 2 or 3 seconds. With the relays disconnected it was obviously extremely fun. But with ESP on you can actual take the tuns better than most Ferraris, and Im not exaggerating. this 348 Hemi had 340hp and 390lbs of torque,... It has a tunnel ram like intake, and also incorporated cylinder deactivation ... it is possible to get 30mpg with this vehicle. The deactivation takes place at around .0004 of a second when power is needed, its on demand with acceleration requirements or cruising requirements, (Or on the fly), you cant per-say, "Turn it off or on". When you are at using cruise and at a steady speed the cylinders will deactivate. When you floor it, .0004 of a second later, the other 4 Cylinders will activate, I did not look at the MPG indicator. (Should have) But was just too enthralled with flooring the sh*t out of the beast and trying to putt it in a spin. The valves continue to work, and no extra strain is putt on any part of the engine. Greater power is needed upon execration, but the continuous speed of 50 mph even with a 4,000 lbs vehicle, only requirs somthing of around 45hp. This system is automatic.
OTher than that the only thing I can say is that the car had more room inside than a bus......
One whose life is Infecting others with Falsehood, shall fall greater than any of their Victims.