Questions about the Hemi 345

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

Altar000Altar

Questions about the Hemi 345

Post by Altar000Altar »

I just purchased a practically new hemi 345, which I hope by the end of the year will be sitting in my 71 Duster.

I have a couple questions

Are the engine mounts in the same location as the Magnium 360?

What are the best aftermarket performance upgrades? Are there any cam shafts avalible? Heres a quick list of things that will happen to it?

Exhaust headers,
no cats (I have heard the the computer will not allow me to do this though, can anyone confirm or deny this??)
Port and Polished the heads
no AC
rechipping it
IF possible a hot cam

Any known issues when installing into older muscle cars?

Thank You
scottm

Post by scottm »

1957 DeSoto Sportsman with 5.7L Hemi
http://www.thehemi.com/registry.php?id=0045

You might want to drop Wayne an email with some
questions. He put a 5.7 Hemi into his 1957 DeSoto.

Although I would still like to see some answers put
online here for anyone else who is thinking about it.
LaddieHanus

Post by LaddieHanus »

I just picked up my motor the other day. It "appears" that the truck motor mounts are in the same place as my 5.2 (318) magnum but does not have the older block ears that the 318 has. The truck mounts are on both engines. I plan on looking at it more this weekend including trying to answer my tranny bolt pattern question.

There is a place that I found through this site called street and performance they have a lot of info. Their price sheet does show reprogrammed computers. www.hotrodlane.cc

Laddie Hanus
Altar000Altar

Post by Altar000Altar »

LaddieHanus wrote:I just picked up my motor the other day. It "appears" that the truck motor mounts are in the same place as my 5.2 (318) magnum but does not have the older block ears that the 318 has. The truck mounts are on both engines. I plan on looking at it more this weekend including trying to answer my tranny bolt pattern question.

There is a place that I found through this site called street and performance they have a lot of info. Their price sheet does show reprogrammed computers. www.hotrodlane.cc

Laddie Hanus
Thank You.