Toyota's Tundra is nothing more than a stick in the mud.

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

centerline

Toyota's Tundra is nothing more than a stick in the mud.

Post by centerline »

Don't get me wrong, I don't condone street racing but the other day I had a Tundra V8 4x4 that decided he was going to out accelerate the Dodge. Although I have almost 15,000 miles on this truck I've never really floored it. To make a long story short, I'm sure that now he's sorry he bought a Toyota. It was the most one-sided race I've ever been in. Quit at 60 mph and was already about 8 car lengths ahead. What a POS that Tundra is. Makes me wonder why DW would want to drive one.

Centerline
03 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 Hemi
53 Chevy 3100 Pickup 331 Hemi
32 Ford 3 Window Coupe 354 Hemi
64 Dodge Polara Max Wedge Clone
Ritterkreuz

Post by Ritterkreuz »

The race truck and the street truck are two different things. Toyota has always been for people who weren't really that serious about owning a pickup. My father bought a new Tacoma last year. it has a 2. something L 4 cylinder engine with 150 HP, the same as my wife's 1999 Pontiac Sunfire. I love parking my Ram next to it at family events because it looks so tiny compared to my truck.
NASCAR Nextel Cup, the Greatest Sport Ever.
2004 Ram 4x4 1500 Quad Cab
5.7L Hemi, Sport Appearance package
rami

Post by rami »

15 K and you hadn't floored it? Well welcome to the club of satisfied owners.
2004 QC Sport, 20's, 3:92, Leather, Rhino Spray In Liner, Snugtop Snuglid, Add on XM radio tuner!
Dodge Boy

Post by Dodge Boy »

Toyota, Nissan Honda......these guys don't know how to make trucks. Thier cars are made for fuel efficiency and afordability, not for power and towing capabilities like the American trucks are. They can keep trying to make them better but its still just a Jap motor inside. Honda is apparently comming out with a new truck soon. Id like to see what is looks like and some specs on it.

Note: I do like the Nissan Titan more than the F-150 though.
Put a Dodge in yor garage !
mopardave

Trucks

Post by mopardave »

I am in the car business in NC. Yesterday a friend/customer of mine stopped by after hours to look at a car for his daughter. He drives a 99 Dodge 2500 S/c Cummings. I have an 02 & 04 Chev Duramin diesel here on the lot. He looked over in their direction and said let me tell you something funny. He said that he was at a gas station filling up and a guy was there filling an '04 Duramin. Randy asked the guy how the Duramax towed and the guy said "it'll out pull what you're driving" without looking at Randy. The guy then looked over and saw the Dodge and that it had the Cummins and said " forget I said what I said. It won't out pull the Dodge diesel". GO DODGE!!
383Dart

Post by 383Dart »

Toyotas may not be as fast as Hemis but Toyota builds a strong pickup truck. I had a 1995 Tacoma with a 3.4L Dohc 6 cylinder and a 5 speed. Let me tell you what we could fill the bed up with a load of limestone for the drive way and it'd run 70 mph up hill. And we put 250K hard miles on it before it finally spun a bearing. If u want a truly reliable pickup truck Toyota is one way to go trust me i've been there.
TheRedneckWay

Post by TheRedneckWay »

this Toyota I-Force 4.7L is only rated at 240hp (according to Car and Driver mag) but this mag is also reported rumors that Toyota is testing a new V8 targeting the 305hp Nissan V8 in Titans. They need it. Toyota ought to be enbarrrased at their V8 numbers considering the 3.4L V6 in Tacomas arent much behind the V8 in the horsepower department