weber carbs on Hemi 472

Discussion of Hemi crate engines.

Moderator: scottm

webered

weber carbs on Hemi 472

Post by webered »

Has anyone out there had experience with webers on a hemi? I'm installing them on a 472 crate motor in a 70 Challenger conv. Its a Keith Black intake with 48IDAs.Need to know what cam specs would work best for a street car.I was told the stock cam has too much overlap and might cause reversion problems.Anyone try this? Thanks P.S. Inglese wants $65 just to suggest a cam profile
1970 Challenger Conv.
472 Hemi with 48 IDA Webers
392heminut

Re: weber carbs on Hemi 472

Post by 392heminut »

webered wrote:P.S. Inglese wants $65 just to suggest a cam profile
That's B.S.! Give Jim at Racer Brown Cams a call. The guy has Mopar blood in his veins, and will work with you on YOUR setup at no extra charge other than the actual cost of the cam. It's best to call in the evenings, as I don't believe he is open in the A.M.s. His number is 410-866-7660.
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda
webered

Post by webered »

Just thought I would give an update on the weber project. Today we fired it up for the first time,snow is finally off the roads! My sons and I decided that before we panicked and went the new cam route ,we would see how it would run with the stock crate hemi cam.I'm glad we didn't listen to Inglese.THIS MONSTER GOES LIKE CRAZY!!Unbelievable torque!

preliminary photos at www.bighemis.com link on challenger!

Son is just learning how to build the web sight,obviously a family page,more photos and info will be available soon. THANKS
1970 Challenger Conv.
472 Hemi with 48 IDA Webers