quality controll gotten any better on the 426 crate hemi

Discussion of Hemi crate engines.

Moderator: scottm

spydersac426

quality controll gotten any better on the 426 crate hemi

Post by spydersac426 »

and how fast /slow dose it take to get one i ordered one and they told me 6 - 8 months another dealership told me closer to a year wtf is that true ? or are they getting shipped out faster thanks in advance

am i still gona have to go through this motor and check it when i get it is what im asking , bryon
NZ440R/T

Post by NZ440R/T »

I would definitely get it checked. Strip, blueprint, triple check everything, re-tighten, you name it. Get it done by someone reputable. Have you considered getting one built by the likes of Tim @ FHO or Ray Barton etc?

Just a thought, best of luck. :)
spydersac426

crate hemi

Post by spydersac426 »

yeah at the time it was buy it and get it done , if i knew it would of took a year to receive after i paid for it , id never of bought it but thats the way it was i didnt want the hassel of going cross the border and dealing with all the bull crap , but when our dollar hit a buck 10 and the price dropped on everything i shure wish i had money in my hand still , id be buying a from one of the more reputable engine builders , still might just sell mine when i get it if i can turn it over fast enough ,,,,, whos assembling these engines now ? i heard barton was and wtf they so slow