crate hemi engines

Discussion of Hemi crate engines.

Moderator: scottm

big daddy don

crate hemi engines

Post by big daddy don »

does anyone know the best place to purchase a new crate hemi block? i am going to build me one and stuff it into a 71 dart swinger gt. this ought to be a real screamer even with a mild hemi that i plan to build. i just can't hadly control myself with the excitement of owning the big one.
big daddydon 8)
john

hemi blocks

Post by john »

"Big Daddy",your in the boat i'm in! For the past 8 weeks i've tried to get a new Hemi block,specifically the siamese one.A good friend of mine that runs a class car and works at one of the local Chrysler dealerships tolde Chrysler has changed casting vendors and can't give me a delivery date.I did check with Ray Barton Racing and he gave me a delivery date of 6-8 weeks for a complete engine,so he's obviously getting them from somewhere.I'd suggest you give him a call.Good luck
CrAzY MoPaR GuY

Post by CrAzY MoPaR GuY »

My neighbour directly across the street is selling his never fired 472 crate Hemi.
The 528 Hemis had siamese bore blocks, which have had some intermittent ring sealing problems, so I was told?
Barton gave me a "6 week" estimate as well, he has been 7 MONTHS!
:roll:
paratrooper

Post by paratrooper »

Has anyone bought a 426 Crate from Mopar Performance? How are they? What price did Ray Barton quote for you?
CrAzY MoPaR GuY

Well, I got my engine. My quoted price was $16,500 U.S. for the long block, no intake. It turned out to be $18,500 U.S. with shipping included.

I'll be hopefully getting it running this summer, and see what it's like.
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

well Ray's built lots of engines for me and my buddy has another one on order right now, I think this will be the fifth complete motor along with a couple of other short engines and lots of blocks and rotating assemblies. Personally I won't use anyone else, the guys up there go out of thier way to help out, my 556 hemi is a real special piece and I asked for a very specific thing, the most powerful pump gas motor they could build and I got it!!
When people like Chrysler stop supplying components though (like the block fiasco!) everyone suffers, just my 10 cents worth :D
"Hell ain't a bad place to be!"
CrAzY MoPaR GuY

What's your engine going into Tweety?
Another local guy I know here has a Barton 572 Hemi, it's the engine on Rance Baxter's site. He has Accel DFI and 10.5 to 1 compression, he pulled 894 horsepower on Barton's dyno.
Both our engines are going into street cars. His a 1968 GTX and mine a 1940 Plymouth Coupe.
Torpedo

Post by Torpedo »

South State Speed over in New Jersey has a blown street motor (471 Hemi) for $19,900. If it was me I'd pay the extra peso's and get the blower motor. You can check it out at, www.southstatespeed.com
~Torpedo~
It's a good life. If you can survive it!