Complete Chrysler Hemi Engine Manual

Discussion about the Hemi in general.

Moderator: scottm

voltaic

Complete Chrysler Hemi Engine Manual

Post by voltaic »

Hey all,

I'm new here, so my apologies if this isn't the appropriate board for a question like this - mods, feel free to move/remove if needed.

I'm in the early stages of planning an engine build; still doing research and learning really. It looks like there was a book published a few years back that is regarded as a good reference / primer for Hemi information. "Complete Chrysler Hemi Engine Manual" by Ron Ceridono. Is this still considered a good source of information? I'd really like to get my hands on a copy of it, however it looks like it's out of print, and copies online are ridiculously expensive.

Does anyone know of a source for this book that isn't going to set me back $200?

Thanks,
Daniel
George

Re: Complete Chrysler Hemi Engine Manual

Post by George »

it's a decent book. Has some errors in it & conflicting opinions. Go to www.jalopyjournal.com click on the HAMB then put Hemi Tech Index into "search".
BlueDjinn

Post by BlueDjinn »

A book that is not out of print, and is available now is "How To Rebuild and Modify Chrysler 426 Hemi Engines" HP1525. "New Technology for 1964-1971 Classic Hemis and Today's Modern Crate Engines". ISBN 9781557885258. Written by former Chrysler engineer Larry Shepard.
You mention "HEMI" to me or around me, and my thinking defaults to the 426. If you're working on the 426 get Larry's book.
George

Post by George »

yeah, he didn't say what hemi, did he!