Original Hemi in 70 Cuda

Discussion about the Hemi in general.

Moderator: scottm

cowtnadv

Original Hemi in 70 Cuda

Post by cowtnadv »

Check this out - I saw Joe Rogan's 70 Cuda at the World of Wheel Show and they put an orginal Hemi in this puppy that's 546 ci and 700hp! This book I got there shows how they took a $5000 cuda and built it to a $250,000 Cuda - they actually show them building this from scratch over 800 photos!

www.buildbookusa.com

The shop that built it was Troy Trepannier at Rad Rides.

What a Cuda!
scottm

Post by scottm »

Yeah, I saw the TV show when they did the buildup.
They did not appear to spare any expense on it! :o
floridahemi

Post by floridahemi »

i saw the show too, i liked the silver/black/red paint job on it better..... but it still looks awesome the way it is....ONE SICK FISH
gregem

Post by gregem »

It turns my stomach to see Mopars get 'discovered' by the Hollywood crowd.

It looks like to fun is over....it used to be these morons would buy a Corvette, or possibly a Viper. But now we have lunkheads who never would have looked at a Mopar parading around in them because they have suddenly become 'cool'.

Does anyone here think Joe Rogan has ever adjusted the valves on a Slant Six? Could he tell you that a 340 has bigger ports than a 318? Do you think he would even know which end of a hammer to hold?

There's nothing worse than some idiot with a pocketful of money hiring some other idiot (usually a Chevy guy) to 'overhaul' a car for him. Do we really need to see a 'cuda with the obligatory shaved door handles, 22" rims, and 6000 watt radio?

The entire hot rodding world is getting uglier by the day....I just wish they'd confine it to Mustangs and Camaros. :roll: