Hemi Cuda Convertable

Discussion about the Hemi in general.

Moderator: scottm

LZH

Hemi Cuda Convertable

Post by LZH »

I'm new here guys and am doing a little research. I'm looking for as much info you guys can give me about the car in this photo. I know there were very few of these produced, and I am not sure about the year of this car (I believe it's a '71) - however I do know that it is not a clone and is a factory original Hemi convertable.
About 10 years ago I was lucky enough to get to drive it. Yes, that is me in the photo. I asked the owner, who is a friend of mine, where he got it. He said it came from a collector in Colorado and that was all he really knew about it. This guy is very wealthy, that's his boat in background...
To make a long story short, I asked if he'd consider selling it, and he said yes, but at the time I didn't have the cash to buy it. Now I do, and I'm trying to get a line on exactly what it is. Any help you guys could give would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get a VIN and will post as soon as I have it.Image[/url]
R/T Jack

Post by R/T Jack »

Looks like a 1970 hemicuda convertible. Not much I can tell you about it. There should be a VIN tag on the driver's side of the dash. It should start out JS27R0 and another letter and 6 numbers. On the driver's side inner fender in the engine compartment there should be a metal tag with alot of numbers on it. If you can copy the numbers and post them more info can be determined from the tag, such as options on the car. Good luck and hope you can get the car.
LZH

Post by LZH »

Thanks Jack...Me too. If I can, it'll be a voyage of sorts...Believe it or not, the car is in North Africa, and has been there for the past 15 years. Never driven, and sitting in a garage at this guys estate...He has no clue what it is and and couldn't care less about it (his net worth could put a small dent in our national defecit), plus he has no idea what kinds of prices these cars are commanding recently... If I can get a VIN, I'll post it. This could be one of those "sitting in a barn for 30 years" type stories...Thanks again for the info.
cudaized

Post by cudaized »

[quote="LZH"]...Believe it or not, the car is in North Africa, and has been there for the past 15 years. Never driven, and sitting in a garage... If I can get a VIN, I'll post it. quote]
:D
Hi LZH,
Is the car an automatic or 4 speed?
If you could inform us of the location in Colorado that the owner bought if from, it could help us with the V.I.N. Perhaps the seller will remember the information? We could find that person in Colorado easy enough.
I have a list of all the "known" 1970 and 1971 hemicuda convertibles. It would be very interesting to find out more about this one. There are two EW1 (white) 1970 hemicuda convertibles built for USA speciifcation. Both are accounted for. Perhaps this one in North Africa is built for Export? I am assuming it would be in Western North Africa?
I hope that you find out some more information. If you have any further questions, please e-mail me: cudaized@cudaized.com
Ola Nilsson
Last edited by cudaized on Thu May 11, 2006 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior
1970 `cuda340 hard top 3-speed Rallye Red with Red interior
www.cudaized.com

1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry
www.ebodyconvertibleregistry.com
cudaized

Post by cudaized »

[quote="R/T Jack"]Looks like a 1970 hemicuda convertible. Not much I can tell you about it. There should be a VIN tag on the driver's side of the dash. It should start out JS27R0 and another letter and 6 numbers. On the driver's side inner fender in the engine compartment ...quote]

Hi R/T Jack,

If I may... I would like to correct your information.
The V.I.N. should start out with BS27R0Bxxxxxx. "J" is for the Challenger series. The inner fender Data Plate should have at least the following info from the picture:

EN1
N42 N96 V6X Y0x 26
G36 J45 M25 M31 M88 N41
V3X A21 Axx C55
EW1 H6X9 000 xxx xxxxxx
E74 Dxx BS27 R0B xxxxxx
Last edited by cudaized on Thu May 11, 2006 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.cudaized.com

R/T Jack

Post by R/T Jack »

Thanks for correcting that! Being a Challenger person I guess I wasn't thinking clearly.
cudaized

Post by cudaized »

No Problem. 8)

If anyone is interested, here is a link that lists all the known 1970 and 1971 hemicuda convertibles.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/sho ... 401983091b

Ola Nilsson
www.cudaized.com