Australian "Hemi" Charger

Discussion about the Hemi in general.

Moderator: scottm

OldIron

Australian "Hemi" Charger

Post by OldIron »

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/feat ... les/45318/

An aricle on a nice old Aussie car. Someone was smoking crack at the factory when they called it a "Hemi" but it was an awesome little car.
OldIron

Post by OldIron »

http://www.fat265.com/the_motor.php

Work in progress on one of these cars.
freebird12345687

Post by freebird12345687 »

I'd love to have one of those cars, if i had the funds necessary i'd rebuild my jeep engine and use 3 side draft carbs and stuff. However i'm broke
OldIron

Post by OldIron »

They would be something different for sure. Would be kinda like the AMC Rebel Machines...everyone would be calling it "this" and "that" and never getting it right...

A Dodge Demon with a hopped up six would be neat.....hard to find a Demon anymore though. Was always one of my favorites. Would have to settle for a Duster.....Dart might be the way to go if not the Demon though.

Broke ? Whats that ? :wink: ... yep...car insurance has raped me lately. I moved and it went from 48 a month full coverage to 225 a month for the same coverage.

Insurance is the only "product" that were are required by law to buy. It's kinda like "Ok this is the law...go out and buy 40 gallons of floor polish every month even if your whole house is carpeted"....then...."What ? You polished your floor ? OH !! That's a crime....we have to charge you more for floor polish now and if you do that one more time we won't sell you anymore more floor polish.......".....

hehe...ok...I think I'm over it now.... :o
freebird12345687

Post by freebird12345687 »

www.hemiperformance.com.au is a good website they sell crate inline sixes and have a short history. They ship world wide too i already asked them. Someday when i have money....ppppptttt joking.....i'm going to buy one. And yeah i like the dart idea. Build a little roadster type thing, it'd be very simple. Old Iron i like you man, its very difficult to find people who think like me and you definately do and i can appreciate that my friend.
OldIron

Post by OldIron »

I've never been accused of thinking :o ...it's more like a logical stagger mixed with bouts of illogical stumbling.... :lol: but thanks ! hehe

Thanks for the link...will have to check it out in a bit.