Aftermarket Hemi 2005 5.7L availability

Discussion about the Hemi in general.

Moderator: scottm

bgndobe

Aftermarket Hemi 2005 5.7L availability

Post by bgndobe »

I've got a 2005 300C 5.7L that I'm just dying to make quicker. I've seen vendors on the web selling intake systems and exhaust systems (which are currently underway on my car). What I'm now interested in is what next step to take. Naturally I think "fuel system" is the next direction I want to go in...but...I do not see any aftermarket for the fuel. ie) bigger fuel pump, or bigger injectors. Anyone know of availability on this?
Or any suggestions where to go from here? Should I just jump right into getting the 6.1L heads and cam?? Or is there a "chip" upgrade I can go with?
Thanks in advance for any help...much appreciated. Chris
bgndobe

Post by bgndobe »

Interesting. I find it hard to believe that this is a forum for the "next muscle car of our time".....and no one here has any info on how to make one faster than stock! Come on guys.
I've also got a Buick Grand National...and the forums for those are loaded with info/tips/suggestions for "go fast" accessories.
Maybe these cars ars still too new and there just isn't much for aftermarket accessories out there.
Guess I'll just keep checking back periodically.
scottm

Post by scottm »

I'm not sure that comparing the new HEMI to the turbo Buicks
would be too accurate of a comparison. You can get a cam or
use some 6.1 HEMI components, but there's not going to be a
huge explosion in parts until someone develops a custom tuner
for the new HEMI PCMs. Once performance chops and all of us
shadetree mechanics can tune the PCM, there's going to be big
gains in what's available for the new HEMIs. Or so we hope! :)
bgndobe

Post by bgndobe »

Actually after I posted that I figured it's just too early in the Hemi game to be looking for what I want. I'm with you....hopefully soon there will be alot more to play with!
hemirebel01

Post by hemirebel01 »

You know....I have been waiting for those performance accessories since 2004....and I agree....I see all kinds of accessories available for Ford, Chevrolet, and even foreign products and they don't have to wait for a long time. For example, Kenne Belle has told me over and over that they are working on a rig for the 5.7L Hemi.....so I waited....and waited...and then they advertised that they can't release their product for the Hemi. I called Diablo Sports and they have been working on a programmer for several years now for the 5.7L Hemi......I got interested in a turbo kit and asked the makers a simple question....if they can put a turbo in a Hemi, how are they reprogramming the PCM? They didn't answer me. When I viewed all the testimonials....nothing but Chevrolet and Ford products....and not ONE DODGE HEMI!

So what's going on with Mopar and performance accessories? A friend of mine popped his SVT Ford Lightening because he didn't have the right exhaust system after installing under pullies...and I warned him....but the Ford dealership stated that the SVT Lightning short blocks were not dependable and have regularly been popping....so what did Ford do to hush up the SVT Ford Lightening owners....they gave him a BRAND NEW LONG BLOCK ENGINE.....no questions asked.

I have been waitning for a good superchip...and I finally found one by Flashpak.... go to www.superchips .....and you may find what you need for your Magnum.
HemiRebel01
BANNED FROM THE DODGEFORUM.COM
"OLD MAN THAT NEEDS TO GROW UP"--BadSratRT DF administrator quote
SRT10KLLR

Post by SRT10KLLR »

There are injectors, turbos, superchargers, rods, cranks, pistons and many other parts available for the 5.7 & 6.1 Hemi's.

I am currently building a 6.1 375ci into a 413ci with forged internalls to handle 15-18lbs of boost and a small shot of nitrous.

Before the build I had a STS turbo with 8 larger injectors.

BTW, I am new to this site.
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 RCSB ThunderRoad Hemi Sport w/STS turbo
'C'Bandit

Re: Aftermarket Hemi 2005 5.7L availability

Post by 'C'Bandit »

bgndobe wrote:I've got a 2005 300C 5.7L that I'm just dying to make quicker. I've seen vendors on the web selling intake systems and exhaust systems (which are currently underway on my car). What I'm now interested in is what next step to take. Naturally I think "fuel system" is the next direction I want to go in...but...I do not see any aftermarket for the fuel. ie) bigger fuel pump, or bigger injectors. Anyone know of availability on this?
Or any suggestions where to go from here? Should I just jump right into getting the 6.1L heads and cam?? Or is there a "chip" upgrade I can go with?
Thanks in advance for any help...much appreciated. Chris
Take a look at this site:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/index.php?

There you will find pretty much any performance mod going.
2006 300C AWD
2001.5 2500 4X4 Ram ETH/DEE