HEMI HELP, PLEASE

Discussion about the Hemi in general.

Moderator: scottm

JAN

HEMI HELP, PLEASE

Post by JAN »

I'm new to Hemi's... Can you guys tell me anything about a 1958 Dodge Power Giant Fire Truck 354 HEMI?
Thing is.... I'm going to list it on eBay and I don;t know much about it. Don't want to sound like a dumb @$$....BUT..... if the shoe fits (I guess) !
I know it runs. It has 4,000 miles on a Detroit Factory Rebuild. It's a long block with low RPM & high torque. That's all I know. Any Help for me?
Thanks-A-Million!
Jan
Bailiesdad

Re: HEMI HELP, PLEASE

Post by Bailiesdad »

JAN wrote:I'm new to Hemi's... Can you guys tell me anything about a 1958 Dodge Power Giant Fire Truck 354 HEMI?
Thing is.... I'm going to list it on eBay and I don;t know much about it. Don't want to sound like a dumb @$$....BUT..... if the shoe fits (I guess) !
I know it runs. It has 4,000 miles on a Detroit Factory Rebuild. It's a long block with low RPM & high torque. That's all I know. Any Help for me?
Thanks-A-Million!
Jan
A Dodge truck engine that late should be a Chrysler 354 engine, it should have the good 4 bolt exhaust manifolds, smooth no name valve covers, and it is a very good start for a hot rod engine.
The waterpump/front motor mount most don't use and the deep sump or rear sump oil pan is a good part to trade or sell.

Its worth all depends on how much has been striped from it by previous owners.
johnny5

Post by johnny5 »

I think this is the same motor:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HEMI-MOP ... dZViewItem

Starting price is about 10x higher than it should be IMHO...