Help

Discussion about the Hemi in general.

Moderator: scottm

tyler85

Help

Post by tyler85 »

Hello, While cleaning up my dads property me and my brother came across this engine and transmission, we figured this to be a hemi judging by the hemispherical heads, and the mopar sticker on the air cleaner. And im new to this forum, so sorry if i posted this in the wrong spot. Thanks for any help and its appreciated.
tyler85

One more thing

Post by tyler85 »

Any idea what it would be put of, i know my dad used to junk all kinds of cars, and between him and my uncles they pritty much had every muscle car there was at one point or another. Ive had one person try to tell me that it might be out of a international truck, does that make sense to anyone here.
George

Post by George »

It's a Mopar Polyshere engine. The valve covers show that. Are those block & intake numbers? There should be a code stamped on a flat in front of the valley cover
George

Post by George »

what's the number in 2nd photo, what's it on?
tyler85

thanks

Post by tyler85 »

Ill get that number and where its from th e2nd pic for you.
And also what is a Mopar Polyshere engine? what did they go in? thanks for the help guys.
George

Post by George »

The Poly is a pent roof cant valve design like the big block Chevy & the Ford Cleveland. Some were built on Hemi blocks, some are the follow on "A" block family that includes the early pre '68 318. A cheaper alternative to the hemi. Depending on what one it is, it could have been in any of the 4 brands.
tyler85

hey

Post by tyler85 »

Thanks guys im getting the numbers on saturday, its been sitting on the front suspension and under a truck topper. IT still has oil and tranny fluid in it.