DeSoto Roller Cam Help

Discussion about the Hemi in general.

Moderator: scottm

345 DeSoto

DeSoto Roller Cam Help

Post by 345 DeSoto »

My DeSoto roller cam came today...it's "used" but looks like it's never been installed/run, and is in perfect condition. Question is, how do I tell if it was ground for solid rollers or hydraulic rollers?... :-?
mart

Re: DeSoto Roller Cam Help

Post by mart »

345 DeSoto wrote:My DeSoto roller cam came today...it's "used" but looks like it's never been installed/run, and is in perfect condition. Question is, how do I tell if it was ground for solid rollers or hydraulic rollers?... :-?
------------------
I don't know of anyone making roller cams for DeSotos - now or in the last 30
or 35 years or so - so I 'm assuming this cam is a late 1950's to mid 1960's
vintage piece. If that's that case and it's a roller cam it' will definetly be for
solid rollers lifters. Hydraulic roller lifters didnt even come on the market
until the mid-to-late 1980's.

mart
==================================================
dan miller

Post by dan miller »

We're thinking about a DeSoto for EMC next year (destroked 291 -about 280 cid - with high deck heads). I don't have the name handy, but we found a guy that will make billet blanks for $500. If anyone needs the name, sing out, and I'll advise.

Danny
345 DeSoto

Post by 345 DeSoto »

Danny,
By all means, Post his contact info... :D
345 DeSoto

Post by 345 DeSoto »

I've finally (last Autumn) got my roller cam/roller lifters installed in my 291 DeSoto. The cam is a mid 50's Chet Herbert #7, and the lifters are Mopar LA 273-360 Retro Rollers. When we finally got it all buttoned together, and tuned the carburetors, it ran like a watch...
:D
98.JPG
101.JPG
119.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.