Hello all, new here, got a question

Discussion about the Hemi in general.

Moderator: scottm

overdriv

Re: Hello all, new here, got a question

Post by overdriv »

A call to Indy Cylinder Head today about the lifters. The lifters we have are the ones they want us to run in the motor. Go figure.
hemifred

Post by hemifred »

well it matches half the pushrods in the picture.I am stiull trying to figure why those only had a hole on the bottom. do the new ones look the same
HOME OF THE
"ORIGINAL SOX & MARTIN HEMI DUSTER"
AND
"WORLD'S QUICKEST AND FASTEST ROAD RUNNER"
7.21 @ 193 mph
VISIT MY SITE PROSTOCKHEMI.COM
overdriv

Post by overdriv »

hemifred wrote:well it matches half the pushrods in the picture.I am stiull trying to figure why those only had a hole on the bottom. do the new ones look the same
Yes the new push rods are the same as before.
overdriv

Post by overdriv »

Well an update is in order. We got it running today and it sounds ok. But we will with hold cheering till he gets a few miles on it. Hope it stays fixed this time.
hemifred

Post by hemifred »

one thing . how are the valves set ? clearance or preloaded. what method did you use ? has it always ben done the same way ?
HOME OF THE
AND
7.21 @ 193 mph
overdriv

Post by overdriv »

hemifred wrote:one thing . how are the valves set ? clearance or preloaded. what method did you use ? has it always ben done the same way ?
This is the first time I have set the valves. They are hydraulics and Comp says to pre-load them by one turn. I set them as per the instructions from COMP. Exh.open-set intake, intake closing-set exh.
hemifred

Post by hemifred »

Good I have always felt there was a possiblity of them being set wrong at least one point in the past.
did you fill and pump lifters before installation ?

when all said and done the plunger should be half way in it's travel. in racing hydraulic engines it was zeero lash for me. you method is correct
HOME OF THE
AND
7.21 @ 193 mph
overdriv

Post by overdriv »

No, I did not fill the lifters. We left the valley cover off till I had the lifters adjusted. I watched the lifter cup and push rod for zero lash then turned in the pre-load.

I really don't know how they, (ICH),adjusted them, but I would assume they know how. But then assuming anything with them is a mistake.

I to have used zero lash on race engines, but this is a street/show car. Hope you enjoy the pictures. They really don't do the car justice.

BTW, it is for sale.

overdriv

The GTX is for sale

Post by overdriv »

DavidBraley

Post by DavidBraley »

Unbelievable how high the quality is in that car. The attention to detail is amazing. Thanks for sharing that.
Horsepower determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque determines the size of the hole you make. Holzwarth's Law