1966 Belvedere II 4 door Hemi

Discussion about the Hemi in general.

Moderator: scottm

66belvII

1966 Belvedere II 4 door Hemi

Post by 66belvII »

I have never seen anything published regarding the production of a 1966 Belvedere II 4 door Hemi. I owned one that was ordered new by my uncle at a Chrysler dealership in Bergen County NJ. It was dark green with a bench seat, 4 speed, 150mph speedometer, sport steering wheel, 3.54 rear and standard full wheel covers - a real sleeper! I remember the Hemi option priced out @ $936.00 on the window sticker

If anyone has any information as to where to find verification that Chrysler produced a Belvedere II Hemi 4 door, I would sure like to know about it. Believe this car could have been 1 of 1?? Still have a picture of the car sitting in from of my home in NJ in 1968.

Welcome any/all comments.............
speedicusmaximus

Re: 1966 Belvedere II 4 door Hemi

Post by speedicusmaximus »

I'd have thought that you best bet is contacting Galen Govier - link provided.

http://www.gvgovier.com/

He's perhaps the most knowledgable on stuff like this, at least in the first instance.

If anyone can better my information, please do !

Mike
Beep ! Beep !
mart

Post by mart »

I've seen a few magazine and web articles
on these cars over the years. Supposedly
2, 3, or 4 were produced, depending on
who you listen to or believe. Don Garlits
has one - a red 4-door Hemi Belvedere II
- in his museum in Florida.

mart
====================================
66belvII

Post by 66belvII »

Have sent an email to Galen Govier and as of yet no response. Regarding the 2, 3, or 4 1966 4 dour Hemis produced, including the one in Don Garlits' museum and the red automatic sold at Barrett Jackson a few years ago, were all Dodge Coronets - not Plymouths.

Greg
mart

Post by mart »

66belvII wrote:Have sent an email to Galen Govier and as of yet no response. Regarding the 2, 3, or 4 1966 4 dour Hemis produced, including the one in Don Garlits' museum and the red automatic sold at Barrett Jackson a few years ago, were all Dodge Coronets - not Plymouths.

Greg
---------------------------
I stand corrected. :oops:
mart
==========================
EWJ

Post by EWJ »

66belvII wrote:I have never seen anything published regarding the production of a 1966 Belvedere II 4 door Hemi. I owned one that was ordered new by my uncle at a Chrysler dealership in Bergen County NJ. It was dark green with a bench seat, 4 speed, 150mph speedometer, sport steering wheel, 3.54 rear and standard full wheel covers - a real sleeper! I remember the Hemi option priced out @ $936.00 on the window sticker

If anyone has any information as to where to find verification that Chrysler produced a Belvedere II Hemi 4 door, I would sure like to know about it. Believe this car could have been 1 of 1?? Still have a picture of the car sitting in from of my home in NJ in 1968.

Welcome any/all comments.............
Hello,

The car you reference was ordered new by my father from Franklin Motors in Wyckoff in March 1966: I believe you purchased it from him in March of 1968.

The car was again owned by my father from April 1972 until it was stolen on 7/4/1980.

There is little documentation (old pics) of the car- I would love to know what you have, stories and info on who/when you sold it to.

Please PM me. Also, in the link below is further dicussion on the topic of 66/67 4 door Hemi cars, and more detail on my father's car:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/sho ... ost5735927

Ed
brian hood

Post by brian hood »

I saw one of those 4 door Hemi cars a few years back in Severiville Tenn in a museum. The guy that worked there said that it was former FBI car. It kinda made sence that a law enforcement agency would use this as a power plant. I went back last year and the car was gone.
Brian