Small Block Hemi Heads

Discussion about the Hemi in general.

Moderator: scottm

scottm

Small Block Hemi Heads

Post by scottm »

318/340/360 Hemi Head Conversion ($8000)
http://www.rodandcustommachines.com/sma ... heads.html

Many folks on Moparts think it is not a good idea.
What do some of you folks think? Too expensive?
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

HELL YES, :D I have looked and asked about these for a long time!
One whose life is Infecting others with Falsehood, shall fall greater than any of their Victims.
panic

Post by panic »

Last edited by panic on Sat May 08, 2004 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

I have mixed emotions, I always had the idea, but the cost is too high,
One whose life is Infecting others with Falsehood, shall fall greater than any of their Victims.
StangN

Post by StangN »

$8,000 buys a lot of engine.
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

For Christ sakes, For 1 or 2 K more you can buy the damn Big Block HEMI!, Forget it. not worth it.
moe74

Small block Hemi

Post by moe74 »

I think you didnt get the point. It puts Hemi heads on a SMALL block. That is easer to find, and cheaper to build. Ok I know the heads are $8,000. But if you buy the 4.0 inch stroker crank, and put it in the 4.22 bore MP race block. What you have is a 412 ci. SMALL block Hemi.. Put a blower on that and a cat could have a LOT of fun blowing the doors off of stangs and that other brand. And all the time you can say " ITS JUST A SMALL BLOCK" I can see a blown carbed gas dragster in the low 8s. Thats what I think. Moe
Hemidude!

Small block hemi heads

Post by Hemidude! »

I too think its a great idea, even with a cast crank stroked 360, the bottom end could be pretty lo buck with the new MP cranks. That would be one high winding small block. Maybe they will come down in price some in the future. On the other hand, I could build a Stage V Engineering conversion motor on a junkyard 440 block for less than the price of those new heads. I guess if money were no object, a high winding small block hemi would be great, I said IF. I'll pick mine up in ten years when some previously wealthy gearhead is down on his luck!
dodgedifferent2

Post by dodgedifferent2 »

the price would probably come down after they make so many....i would hope?
Hemidude!

Small block hemi heads?

Post by Hemidude! »

I think that after looking a bit closer at what you get for your $8,000.00, it is probably on par with say Stage V. You get the pistons and intake, camshaft and rocker gear, it isn't too far out actually. They will likely come down after/if they sell a few sets to pay for up front production costs.
crash

Post by crash »

I give them 5 years. Or when fusse gets an A-body Duster hemi to SEMA and people start too buy them!